Ambition offers an API-Only route that does not require installation of our Salesforce Managed Package, but rather allows a user without Salesforce System Administrator permissions to authorize the Salesforce Polling API.
Using the API-Only method allows for Salesforce data from Reports to be used in Ambition.
Prerequisites for Authorizing the API and Syncing Reports
- Salesforce Professional, Enterprise, or Unlimited Edition
- To both authorize the API and later sync Salesforce Reports for use in Ambition, the authorizing user will need the "Run Reports" permission in Salesforce as well as Read access to the Object(s) the given reports are built from. Read access can be scoped to the specific Objects and Fields present on the report.
Authorize API-Only Salesforce Connection
1. Log in to your Organization's Ambition instance.
2. Open the left navigation and click Administration > Data > Integrations.
3. Under Available Integrations, click the Enable Integration button in line with the Salesforce Integration.
A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm the new integration. Click Enable Integration to continue.
You will be redirected into the newly enabled Salesforce Integration.
Upon enabling you will be redirected into the Integration. To enter the Salesforce Integration anytime after original enabling:
Once enabled, the Salesforce Integration will appear under Active Integrations at the top of the page.
4. Click the Settings button to enter the Salesforce Integration.
5. Click on the Authorize/Install tab.
6. Click Authorize.
7. When prompted, enter your Salesforce Production credentials.
Click Allow when prompted. You will be redirected back to Ambition once authorization is complete. This authorization process might take ~1 minute.
↳ Verify the authorizing user's language settings. Ambition will sync translated Salesforce field names and API names if applicable.
Successful Authorization will be signaled by Status: Connected and the Import User Fields, Initialize the Oauth Configuration, Initialize User Depot, and register Admin as Integration Contact steps under Salesforce Initialization Status displaying with a green indicator.
Please sign in to leave a comment.