Domo Dataset Pusher Writeback Connector
The Ambition Dataset Pusher Writeback Connector allows mutual customers of Domo and Ambition to schedule and push updates from Domo datasets to Ambition.
An API integration within Ambition must be enabled. You will need the route and token from the API integration in Ambition before being able to complete the Connector form in Domo.
The API integration must be set to JSON File Format and use the Daily Totals Data Format.
Enable the Connector in Domo
1. Login to Domo.
2. Access the Appstore.
3. Search for Ambition and select the "Ambition Dataset Pusher Writeback Connector".
4. Click on Get the Data.
Setup the Connector in Domo
1. Under the "Select Account" dropdown, select Add account.
After adding your account, complete the Credentials section of the form.
2. For Ambition Instance Name, input your Organization's Ambition Subdomain.
3. For Token, you will input the Authorization Token for the respective Ambition API Integration where you wish to send Ambition Data.
Steps for locating the Authorization Token can be found here.
4. For Domo Client ID and Domo Client Secret, input your Domo Client ID and Domo Client Secret.
You can generate a new Client ID and Secret at developer.domo.com.
The Client will need "Data" Application Scopes.
5. Click Connect. After successfully connecting, click Next.
6. For DataSet ID, you will locate the Data Set which you wish to push to Ambition. The Data Set ID will be found in the Data Set's URL.
After inputting the DataSet ID, the form will render the corresponding data columns present on the respective DataSet.
7. For Route, you will input the Route for the respective Ambition API Integration where you wish to send Ambition Data. You will access the same Credentials tab where you just located the Token.
Steps for locating the Route can be found here.
8. Select the field from your DataSet that will be used as the Date Field in Ambition.
9. Select the field from your DataSet that will be used as the Email Field in Ambition.
10. Select the field(s) from your DataSet that you wish to be pushed to Ambition. Date and Email do not have to be selected here as they are mapped through the Date and Email steps above.
11. Click Next.
12. Select the appropriate Scheduling option, either Basic or Advanced.
13. Select "Replace" as the Update Method.
14. Click Next.
Name & Describe Your DataSet
15. Input a DataSet Name.
16. Optionally input a DataSet Description.
17. Click Save.