Users with "Groups: Edit" permission will be able to access a Group's Membership History.
"Groups: Edit - Can Edit All Groups" allows for accessing the Group Membership History of all Groups and "Groups: Edit - Can Edit Subordinate Groups" allows for accessing the Group Membership History where the user is listed as a Manager.
Access a Group's Membership History
1. Open the left navigation and click Administration > People > Groups.
2. Upon accessing the Groups tab, you will see the Group Manager.
If you can have permission to "Edit All Groups", then all group types and groups that your organization has created will be found here. Don't see anything? Click here to learn how to add groups and group types.
If you have permission to "Edit Subordinate Groups", then only group types that contain groups where you are listed as a manager of will be found here. You will have visibility and access to editing groups where you are listed as a manager.
3. Click on the respective group type and then the group's name that you'd like to access/update.
4. Click on the Membership History tab.
Within a Group's Membership History, you will be able to view columns containing:
- The names of current and previous Group Members.
- If applicable, the Scorecard Group, the Role or Job Function, the user belongs to in Ambition
- The type of Membership Change: Added to Group or Removed from Group
- The Membership Date, the date the user was added or removed
- The Last Modified Date, when the membership history record was created
Membership History only reflects changes to Group Members. Adding and removing Managers is not recorded in the Membership History.
Clicking the filters icon, , allows filtering by Member Name, Scorecard Group, Membership Date, and Last Modified.
Filtering for a specific user will allow you to see when they were both added and removed from the Group. The Name column can also be sorted!
Users who were previously Group Members but have since had their account deactivated will not display in the "Member Name" filter option, but filtering the "Name" column will allow you to see the Membership Dates for any now deactivated users.
If a user was placed in a Group before they should have been and then their Membership Date is moved forward in time, the most recent Membership Date will display. The Membership History will not track the Membership Date being changed, but will reflect the most recently selected Group Join Date.