The release notes, which are grouped by release date, include descriptions of new features, changes to existing features, and resolved issues.
Releases are scheduled bi-weekly on Tuesday nights. For more information on Ambition's maintenance and release schedule, click here.
Check out our 2022 Release Notes here!
May 16, 2023
Changes to Existing Features:
- Group Editor - Group Join and End Dates Functionality Restored: The options to set and adjust the date a user both joined and left a group has been restored to the group editor! Group join dates will again be able to be set and adjusted for group members within the group editor. A group end date can also be set when removing a member within the group editor as well. Learn more here.
- Workflow's Page Styling: The manage, events, jobs, and queue tabs for workflows has been updated with new grid styling.
- Update Integration IDs Though Salesforce Attribute Sync: Integration IDs are now supported thorough the user attribute sync.
- Individual and Managerial Metrics Within Check-In: The metric value and rank will correctly update as you toggle between viewing a manager's individual metrics and their managerial metrics.
May 2, 2023
- Webex Integration for Workflows: Ambition workflows can now be sent to Webex spaces and to Webex users through direct messages! Automate leaderboards, recognizing metric attainment and notable moments within your Webex instance to help your hybrid teams drive behavior that leads to outcomes by encouraging them through gamification and recognition. Learn more about Ambition's Webex integration here and more about creating workflows here.
Changes to Existing Features:
- Displayed Information in Program Selectors: In addition to the program's name, program selectors will include the manager's name who owns the program and the number of employees enrolled. If a single employee is enrolled, the employee's name will be featured instead of the number of enrolled employees.
- Archived Lessonly Lessons: If a Lessonly lesson is archived, it will no longer show in the "Select Lessons" modal. If a Lessonly lesson has been added to a coaching agenda and then is archived, any comments made on the agenda item will remain and the user will be notified that Ambition can no longer display the lesson.
- Removing "Triggers" Feature Flag: The triggers feature will no longer appear in the customer facing features list. While triggers is no longer accessible, recognizing users based on if/then logic is achievable through workflows! Learn more about workflows here!
- Score Graph Falling Below Zero: If an activity or objective score becomes negative, the negative value will be visually floored to zero. While visually floored to zero, the negative score value can be seen by hovering over the score data point.
- Workflow Picklist Values with Commas: Filter logic for record based workflows have been updated to use the ":::" delimiter for picklist values instead of a comma.
- Deleted Coaching Events Visibility: Deleted coaching events will no longer display after the successful deletion message and will no longer require a page reload before they are removed.
- Manager Selecting Themself During Check-In Creation: Users with "Can Create Check-In for Anyone" permission will be excluded from the list of employees they can select during check-in creation.
- Deactivated Users Displaying in Group Check-Ins: If a participant of a group check-in is deactivated from Ambition, they will no longer appear as a group check-in participant.
April 18, 2023
- Coaching Cadences: Cadences are a series of steps (check-ins) that make up a training, onboarding, or coaching program. Cadences are created to ensure that employees and managers across the enterprise are adhering to coaching best practices and completing required content. Learn more here.
Changes to Existing Features:
- Salesforce Multi-Connect: Ambition's Salesforce integration can now support connecting a single instance of Salesforce to multiple instances of Ambition. Learn more here.
- Check-In URLs Added to Calendar Events: If a manager's Outlook or Google calendar is connected to Ambition, one-off check-in calendar events will contain a link to the specific Ambition check-in. Calendar events for recurring check-ins already feature a link back to Ambition, and now a one-off 1:1 will as well! Learn more about connecting your calendar here.
- Improved Page Responsiveness - Scorecard List View: The list view on a scorecard has been optimized for smaller screens. Notable change to the scorecard list view is that a user or group's avatar will be dropped along with individual progress bars (percent, target, and points information will still be visible!) when viewing Ambition on a smaller screen to minimize scrolling.
- Limiting Who Can Delete a Check-In: Managers will no longer be able to delete check-ins they did not create. Learn more about who can delete check-ins here.
- Weekly Digest Email: The weekly digest will send even if the core "coaching" feature is disabled or if there were zero check-ins during the digest time frame.
- "Coaching: All Access" Users as Co-Coaches: Users with "Coaching: All Access" permission will be able to add themselves as a co-coach to check-ins that they have permission to edit.
April 4, 2023
- Public API Cadences and Recurring Check-In Endpoints: Ambition's Public API will feature dedicated endpoints for both cadences and recurring check-ins. Additionally, source information has been added to the check-ins endpoint allowing you to identify if a check-in was created as part of a program, recurring check-in, managed program, cadence, or if it was created using a specific program or check-in template. Learn more here.
Changes to Existing Features:
- Improved Page Responsiveness - Metrics Tab and Scorecard Grid View: The filter options on the metrics tab (the comparison feature, rank by option, time selectors, and card/time series/spreadsheet selectors) and the grid view on a scorecard have been optimized for smaller screens. Notable change to the scorecard grid view is that a user's avatar will be dropped so that their percent-to-target data will be visible when viewing Ambition on a smaller screen.
- Calendar Sync Integration Visibility: The calendar sync integration, which allows Ambition to keep check-ins in sync with a manager's Outlook or Google Calendar, will be listed by default as an available integration for customers who have the core "Coaching" feature enabled. The calendar sync integration will remain as an optional feature flag and can be turned off as needed. Learn more here.
- Competitions > Manage Page Styling: The manage page for competitions has been updated with new grid styling.
- Recurring Competitions - Created By Field: Going forward, the "created by" field for recurring competitions will display the name of the original creator instead of being blank.
- Competition Empty State: If a competition is created but still processing, an empty state message of "This game is still processing, try refreshing the page" will display. If a competition is created and set to start in the future, an empty state message of, "Coming Soon. This game has not started yet.", will display.
- Action Plan Activity Email: An email will be sent to a manager to approve an action plan when an external url agenda item is present on the action plan, and the item is required.
- Weekly Digest Improvements: New data points of Check-Ins Started and Check-Ins Expired have been added to the digest. References to "beta" or "coming soon" features have been removed. Red and green coloring will no longer be used to represent a specific value threshold. Instead, blue will be used to represent active features, and gray will be used to represent any inactive feature.
- Consistent Line Hight and Spacing: Coaching comments, action items, and notes will be presented with the same text height and spacing.
- Rating Category Form Text: The rating category's subtext in create and edit forms for programs, program templates, check-in templates, and managed programs will be listed as, "Select rating categories to use in your check-ins".
- Weekly Digest Email Queries: The weekly digest will now use the weekly coaching accountability statistics to calculate the check-in completion rate. The metric count will no longer include Activity Score, Objective Score, and Google Analytics metrics.
- Continuous Retry for Salesforce's 500 Synchronous Reports in 60 Minutes Limit: Ambition will attempt to retry continuously if a report sync is stopped due to the, "You can't run more than 500 reports synchronously every 60 minutes.", Salesforce error message.
- Cadence Hierarchy Selector: Users will be able to successfully search for and select groups within group types other than Role.
- Duplicated Salesforce Sidebar: In a case where the Salesforce integration has been authorized multiple times, the metric library tabs will not be duplicated.
- Template Selector in Cadence Steps: The template selector found when creating a cadence step will support searching by template name.
- Reference to Program Dropped From Check-In: Editing will no longer disassociate a check-in from a program.
- Check-In "Due After" 7 Days: The program form now considers the selected "due after" interval when determining if the time between check-in occurrences is greater than the number of days the check-in will be open.
- Poll Follow-Up Questions: Users will be able to save progress on a coaching agenda that contains multiple poll agenda items without having to complete all the poll follow-up questions first.
- Accolade Achievement Earned Date: The date earned will always display in the time zone of the user viewing the accolade achievement.
- Manager-to-Employee Accolade: Only users the manager manages will be presented as potential accolade recipients.
- "Mark All Excused" Button: The option to mark all check-ins as excused will be active where appropriate.
- Pluralization in the Coaching Hierarchy Selector: A pluralization helper has been added to recognize when a group type's name should be made plural by adding "ies" instead of "s".
- Standalone ":" on Group Check-In Cards: The group check-in cards will no longer feature a single ":" under the name of the group check-in.
- Coaching > Manage Visibility: Users who have permission to create a type of coaching template but do not have permission to create the actual coaching event (ex. permission to create check-in template, but not create check-ins) will be able to access the coaching manage page.
- Data Format Responsiveness: The field mappings on a data format page would overlap if the screen was being viewed at a smaller width. Scrolling will now be forced within the field mappings section.
March 21, 2023
- Lessonly Lesson - Coaching Agenda Item: Lessonly lessons will be accessible within Ambition coaching agendas! A manager will be able to select from any public, published lessons and add them to Ambition coaching agendas for employees to complete. Selected lessons will be iframed into the respective coaching agenda so the employee can interact with and complete the lessons right inside of Ambition. Learn more here.
- Scores API: Ambition's Public API will now feature two score endpoints, Activity Score and Objective Score. Score data for individuals, managers, and groups will be accessible through each endpoint. Score contribution data (the exact metric totals that make up a score's value) is not available at this time. Learn more here.
Changes to Existing Features:
- Improved Page Responsiveness - Dashboard Banner and Scorecard Filter Options: The dashboard banner and scorecard filter options (include weekends toggle and time frame selectors) have been optimized for smaller screens. Notable change to the dashboard banner is that Activity and Objective Score data will be visible when viewing Ambition on a smaller screen.
- Lessonly Authorization within the Seismic Integration: To support the Lessonly Lesson agenda item, the Seismic integration's authentication tab will now feature a Lessonly Authorization step.
- Group Check-In Meeting Date Label: "Meeting Dates” has been relabeled as “Upcoming Dates” since only upcoming dates were displayed.
- Group Check-In Avatars: If a group check-in participant is also a co-coach, their avatar will only be shown once. They will be listed as both a participant and a co-coach in the group check-in details.
- "Mark as Complete" Button Removed: Users with "Coaching: All Access" permission will no longer see the "Mark as Complete" button within coaching events they did not also create. The button would not mark events as complete as the user did not have permission to do so.
- "View..." Button Removed From Coaching Timelines: The “View…” button on a coaching timeline (view check-in, view action plan) is removed since there are multiple ways of viewing the check-in or action plan from the timeline without an additional standalone button.
- # of Notes with File Attached Analytics: “# of Notes with File Attached” analytics will only consider notes that do have a file attached.
- Remove All Rating Categories: All rating categories can successfully be removed from the check-in through the “clear” button.
- Coaching > Check-In Status Filters: Managers will see their check-ins filtered by "Pending Approval" status when navigating to the Coaching > Check-Ins tab.
- Improved Error Messaging for URLs that Exceed Supported Character Length: The error message for External URL and Embed URL agenda items will explicitly inform the user of the 200 character limit.
- Required Items Within Recurring Check-Ins: Recurring check-ins will require a required agenda item during creation as it was being enforced upon editing.
- Add Progress to Complete Manual Entry Goals: The “Add Progress” button will be removed after a manual entry goal’s end date has passed.
March 7, 2023
- Hidden Mode for Competitions: "Hidden Mode" allows you to test drive a competition's setup and scoring configurations without notifying users that a competition has been created. Since Ambition offers so many different scoring and competitor options, you can create a Challenge or Fantasy competition with "Hidden Mode" enabled and you will be able to view the created competition without it being visible across Ambition and all of the competitors being notified. Once you've perfected the competition's setup, you can toggle the competition to "Live" and the competition will be visible across Ambition. Learn more here.
- Calendar Sync Support for Recurring Check-Ins: If a manager has connected their Outlook or Google calendar, recurring check-ins they create will automatically be rescheduled in Ambition when the calendar invite is updated. Learn more about connecting your calendar with Ambition here.
Changes to Existing Features:
- Format of Competition Headers: Previously only displayed in the page title, the name of the competition will be front and center when viewing a competition and will be featured in the center of the header. The two featured competitors included in the header will have their scores be displayed under their names rather than in the center of the header.
- Coaching Timelines - "Asks" Shown in "Open Items" and "Coaching History" selectors: If the "Asks" feature has been disabled, it will no longer appear as an option with the "open items" and "coaching history" selectors on coaching timelines.
- Action Plan Tab Within a Check-In: If a custom name for action plans is being used, the action plan tab within check-ins will reflect the custom action plan name.
- Features Displaying in Quick Actions: Features that are disabled will no longer appear as options in "quick actions".
- Coaching Notes - Ability for Managers to Search Notes They Created: Managers will be able to search for content in notes they had created without needing any additional coaching permissions. If the manager can create notes, they can search for content in notes they created.
- Salesforce Integration - Object ID Added as Meta Field: A Salesforce's Object "ID" field can no longer be added as a meta field. ex. Opportunity ID cannot be added as a meta field on the Opportunity Object. If ID fields have already been added as meta fields, they will not be automatically be removed, but ID will be no longer display as an available selection when adding meta fields. Learn more about meta fields here.
- Custom Check-In Tabs: Custom check-in tabs will be accessible within check-ins again. Learn more about custom tabs here.
February 22, 2023
- Calendar Sync Integration - Google Calendar: The Calendar Sync integration will keep Ambition's scheduled coaching Check-ins in sync with a Manager's Google Calendar by allowing for bi-directional rescheduling. If a 1:1 needs to be rescheduled, the date and time can be updated either on the calendar event or within Ambition, and both the calendar event and Ambition will be updated accordingly. Learn more here.
Changes to Existing Features:
- Changes to Title and Content of Slack and Microsoft Teams Leaderboards: Slack and Microsoft Teams leaderboard titles will now include the type of leaderboard that's being displayed (value, percent-to-target, or most improved), the title will no longer feature the flame emoji, and the name of the workflow will be displayed for leaderboards that were generated from a scheduled leaderboard workflow.
- Update to Email Copy in Ambition Invitation Email: The Ambition invitation email will now let users know that their organization has invited them to join Ambition, a Sales Coaching Platform.
- Freeze Table Header on Change Targets Page: The table header displaying scorecard time frames and min and max target information will remain visible while scrolling through the list of users on the Change Targets page.
- Coaching Tab - Reordering Secondary Navigation Items: Items in the left navigation under the Coaching tab will be reordered as: Check-Ins, Group Check-Ins, Notes, Action Plans, Coaching Analytics, and Manage.
- Unify Display of Check-In Source Information: Check-In cards, headers, and the "Source" column on the Manage grid will consistently represent the source of the check-in, ex. was the check-in created from a program, a recurring check-in, or one-off check-in?, through the pattern, "Parent: Parent Name".
- Scheduled Leaderboard Workflow Emails Will Redirect to Specific Leaderboard: The "View Leaderboard" button within a Scheduled Leaderbord Workflow Email will redirect to the specific type of leaderboard rather than redirecting to an Activity Score leaderboard.
- Coaching Analytics Tab Access for Employees: Employees without additional manager or admin permissions will be able to directly access the "Coaching Analytics" navigation item if assigned the "Coaching Analytics" permission.
- Agenda Items Will Be Uneditable Within an Uneditable Check-In Template: Agenda Items will not be editable during check-in creation if the check-in template being used is not marked as editable.
- Remove Spacing Between Check-In's Status and Average Rating: The extra spacing between the status and average rating calculation on a Check-In's header will be removed.
- "Meeting Date" Label on Non Recurring Check-Ins: Check-Ins that are not recurring will correctly feature the label "Meeting Date" instead of "First Meeting Date".
- Width of Coaching Program Error Message: If any error messages occur within the Coaching Program form, the error message will be the full width of the page instead of being shortened to match the widths of the form inputs.
- Employees Adding Progress to Manual Entry Goals Created for Them: Unless an employee is the creator of a manual entry goal, they will be unable to add progress to the goal even if they have "Goals: Can Edit Goal for Subordinate Users/Groups" permission. Employees will only be able to add progress to personal, manual entry goals they create.
- Formula Builder Redirect in Metric Library: The Metric Library will only redirect to active Formula Builder integrations linked within the "Associated Integration" column.
- Recurring Check-In Scheduling: Recurring check-ins will support a recurrence schedule of "every fourth", ex. Every fourth Monday of the month".
- Export Managed Program .CSV: Managed Program .CSVs will be able to be exported even if a child program has been closed due to a deactivated manager.
February 9, 2023
Change to Existing Features:
- Group Editor - Group Join and End Dates: The option for customers to set and adjust the date a user both joined and left a Group has temporarily been removed. When adding Members to a Group, the "Group Join Date" selector has been removed. When editing Members of a Group, the "Set Group Join Date" selector has been removed. When removing Members of a Group, the "Set Group End Date" selector has been removed.
We know customers love the ability to adjust these dates on their own, so thank you for being patient with us as we work to make that experience seamless.
If you need Group Join Dates adjusted, reach out to email@example.com for assistance!
January 31, 2023
- Coaching Permission - "Coaching Analytics": Access to coaching data and exports was largely gated behind our "Coaching: All Access" permission which can provide more access than is appropriate for all team members to be assigned. The new "Coaching Analytics" permission provides Managers, Admins, Enablement, etc access to the Accountability, Insights, Attributions, and Reports (Employee and Manager Utilization Reports) tabs within the Coaching Analytics navigation item. Learn more here.
- Additional Filters When Setting Custom Scorecard Targets: When setting custom Scorecard Targets, you can optionally filter by Group, Manager, or Employee Name. Find the exact users whose targets you need to adjust in less time! Learn more here.
Changes to Existing Features:
- Coaching > "Overview" navigation item and page is relabeled as "Coaching Analytics": To support the new Coaching Permission, "Coaching Analytics", the Overview tab will reflect the new permission's name. Both the "Overview" navigation item and page header will feature the label "Coaching Analytics".
- Retry Logic Added to Salesforce Reports When a 415 Error Occurs: When a 415 error disrupts the running of a Salesforce Report, the report will attempt to be run again instead of automatically being put in a failed state that required a user to login and click the "Retry" button on the Status page of the Salesforce Integration.
- Default Seismic Metric Names: Ambition supports tracking LiveDocs and LiveSends from Seismic, and while we still allow for customization of the default names, the new metric name defaults are "Seismic LiveDocs Generated" and "Seismic LiveSend Links Sent". Learn more here.
- Unify "Add Comment" Button Size: The "Add Comment" button will be the same size as other action buttons within a Check-In. "Add Comment" buttons within Goals, Accolades, and Competitions are resized as well.
- Shorten Inputs on Program and Program Template Forms: The inputs on Program and Program Template forms will be shortened to reflect the widths found in the Group Check-In
- Align Target Override Indicator: On a User Dashboard, the Target Override indicator will be aligned with the other Scorecard details: percent-to-target, points, etc.
- Align Analytics' Reset Button: The "Reset" button within Analytics is aligned to the Mode selector.
- Universal Capitalization of the "In" in "Check-In": The word "Check-In" will universally appear as "Check-In" across Ambition instead of their being variations with a lower case "i", Check-in.
- Display Ratings Within Check-In Headers: When viewing a Check-In and Ratings had been left, the average rating is featured next to the Check-In status.
- Consistent Gradient Colors On the Scorecard Graph: The graph featured about an Activity or Objective Scorecard will feature consistent color gradients based on the range of scores than then the gradients being based on the range of scores.
- "Click Next..." Text Removed from Start 1:1 Now Check-In: The "Click Next to Set Agenda and Have Your Employee Answer Inline" is removed from the Start 1:1 Now Check-In.
- Indicate Which Elements of an Agenda Item are Required for Start 1:1 Now Check-Ins: Agenda Items will feature a red asterisks to indicate which elements of an agenda item are required.
- "Mark All Excused" Button Will Apply to Status Other Than "Open": The “Mark All Excused” button is enabled for Answers Due, Pending Approval, and Scheduled status filters instead of being limited to just the "Open" status.
- Rating Categories For Managed Programs: If Rating Categories are selected during creation of a Managed Program, the selected Rating Categories will be present within Check-Ins generated from the Managed Program.
- Salesforce Integration Status Page Accessible If API Is Authorized: The Status page within the Salesforce Integration will be accessible in cases with the API is authorized even if the Managed Package is not installed.
- Saved Reports With End Date of "Today": Saved Analytics Reports with an End Date of "Today" will reflect the "Today" as the current date when referenced after creation.
January 10, 2023
- GIF Library for Slack and Microsoft Teams Workflows: Workflow messages sent to Slack or Microsoft Teams will feature a GIF alongside the Workflow's content. In cases where a Workflow was recognizing a user or group without a personalized GIF selected, one of 6 Ambition selected defaults would appear alongside the GIF. The GIF Library allows users with "Workflows: All Access" permission to add up to 10 GIFs into the GIF Library that will be used as the defaults instead! Learn more here.
- Retry Logic Added to Salesforce Reports When Network Issues Cause Failures: When network issues disrupt the running of a Salesforce Report, the report will attempt to be run again instead of automatically being put in a failed state that required a user to login and click the "Retry" button on the Status page of the Salesforce Integration.
Changes to Existing Features:
- New "Underlined" Tab Styling: All areas of Ambition that featured our "underlined" tab styling (tab underlined with a blue bar), will no longer capitalize the entire word and will appear less bold. Areas you will see this change include: the tabs on Dashboards, TV Editor, 'Coaching, Manage' grids, tabs within a Check-In, Data Explorer, 'Coaching, Overview', Group Editor, Leaderboards, and the Data Configuration tab within the Salesforce Integration.
- Coaching, Manage Grids: The grids within the Coaching, Manage page will now feature a gray background on the header row, the alternating color row formatting is removed, cell separations are removed, and a user's image and a link to their profile will be added when a user's name is present in the grid.
- "Show #" Selector Added to Change Targets Page: When manually adjusting targets on the Change Targets page, users were limited to viewing up to 25 users at a time. The "Show #" selector now allows for viewing 25, 50, 100, or 500 users per page. Learn more about adjusting targets here.
- Include Inactive Users in Finished Competition's Schedule Time Off List: If a now inactive user was involved in a competition that's since ended and had Out of Office records during the competition's time frame, their name and Out of Office dates will be included in the Scheduled Time Off section. New to Out of Office? Learn more here.
- "Mark All Excused" Button Will Excuse Open Check-ins within Coaching, Manage: When viewing Check-Ins within the Coaching, Manage grids, only Open Check-ins will be excused through the "Mark All Excused" button. No completed coaching items will be excused.
- Support Ampersand Formatting in Question Agenda Items: Question Agenda Items will support using an "&" and will no longer display "&". A migration occurred to resolve any existing instances of "&".
- Inactive Users with Scheduled Time Off Will Not Prevent an Ended Competition From Being Accessed: Users who had Out of Office records during the competition's time frame who have since been deactivated will no longer prevent historical competitions from being accessed. New to Out of Office? Learn more here.
Article is closed for comments.