Add Employees to Cadences
Add Employees to a Cadence
Uses with "Coaching Cadences: Can Add and Manage Employees in a Cadence" or "Coaching: All Access" permission will be able to add users to a cadence.
"Coaching Cadences: Can Add and Manage Employees in a Cadence - Yes, all employees" or "Coaching: All Access" permission allows for adding any user to a cadence.
Combined with manager permissions, "Coaching Cadences: Can Add and Manage Employees in a Cadence - Yes, subordinates" allows for adding users that the manager manages to a cadence.
What's a subordinate user?
An employee becomes a subordinate user of a manager though being a member of a Group where the manager has been assigned as a manager, or the manager is listed in the "Manager" field in the user's settings.
Special note in cases where a manager manages other managers: If Manager A is listed as a Manager B's manager within their User Settings, any employees that roll up to Manager B will also be considered as users Manager A manages, or Manager A's subordinates.
1. Open the left navigation and click Coaching > Cadences.
2. Locate the cadence where employees need to be added.
You can add employees to any cadence that is in "Open" status.
3. Click the ellipses icon, , and Add Employees.
4. Select the appropriate employees that need to be added to the cadence.
If the user can add all employees to a cadence or "Coaching: All Access" permission, filter options include all Groups and Group Types in Ambition.
If the user can only add subordinate users to a cadence, filter options include any Group Types that have one of more Groups that are managed by the respective manager.
Selecting multiple Groups from the same Group Type will offer "Or" filter logic, ex. I want to add all users I manage that are members of the "Account Executives - Central" OR "Account Executives - West" Team Group Type.
Selecting multiple Groups from different Group Types will offer "And" filter logic.
5. Assign managers to approve cadence steps as needed, and optionally assign co-coaches.
Employees with the "no manager assigned for this cadence" icon, , in line with their name do not have a manager assigned within their user settings. You can still enroll these users in the cadence, but the cadence's first step will not be available to them until they have a manager assigned. A manager is required to approve the cadence steps.
If you selected employees that do not have a direct manager set within their user settings, you can optionally assign a manager to approve their check-ins at this time.
↳ A manager can be assigned after employee is added to a cadence, but the employee cannot start the cadence until they have a manager assigned to approve their cadence steps.
Assigning a manager to an employee in the context of a cadence does not make the employee a subordinate of the selected manager, but rather the selected manager will be the approver of those employee's check-in generated from the cadence. The employee's cadence check-ins will appear on the manager's managerial coaching timeline and will count towards their coaching analytics (# total check-ins, # completed check-ins, and check-in completion rate), but the employee is not considered a subordinate of the manager.
If a user does have a direct manager assigned, you can still select the appropriate manager who should approve cadence steps.
To assign Managers:
1. Select a single employee, multiple employees, or select all all employees who you are attempting to enroll who need a manager assigned or updated.
2. Click on the "Manager" dropdown and select the manager who should approve the check-ins for this cadence.
3. Click Assign.
To assign Co-Coaches (optional):
1. Select a single employee, multiple employees, or select all all employees who you are attempting to enroll and need a co-coach assigned.
2. Click on the "Co-Coach" dropdown and select the user who should serve as a co-coach for the duration of the cadence. The selection can be updated throughout the cadence as well.
3. Click Assign.
6. Set the Enrollment Date for the selected employees.
The Open Dates and Due Dates are set based on the cadence's scheduling that was set during cadence creation.
In the example below, a 6 step cadence is set to open a new step every week on Friday.
Selecting a Tuesday to enroll employees will not immediately open cadence steps for the selected employees, but rather they will receive their first step the following Friday.
Cadence steps will open at 8am in the employee's time zone.
7. Review selections and click Add Employees to enroll the selected employees into the cadence.