Close a Cadence
Why Close a Cadence?
As long as a cadence is open, employees can be enrolled into the cadence.
If the time comes where a cadence's content or objective is no longer aligned with current company goals, the cadence can be "closed" to prevent employees from being enrolled going forward. Closing a cadence preserves historical cadence data and excuses any open cadence check-ins while also preventing any additional employees from being enrolled.
Close a Cadence
1. Open the left navigation and click Coaching > Cadences.
2. Click the ellipses icon, , and Close on the cadence you wish to close.
Only cadences in "Open" status can be closed.
3. Click Confirm when prompted to close the cadence and excuse any open check-ins.
What Happens After a Cadence is Closed?
How will the cadence be updated in the "Cadences" tab?
After a cadence is closed:
- the cadence's status will change to "Closed".
- the closed cadence can still be duplicated. Learn more about duplicating a cadence here.
- the cadence overview and employee information can still be accessed.
Employee's status will be updated when the cadence closes:
- "Active" employees will change to "Incomplete"
- "Completed" employees remain as "Completed"
- "Paused" employees will change to "Incomplete"
- "Not Started" employees remain as "Not Started"
- "Removed" employees remain as "Removed"
How will check-ins be updated after closing a cadence?
After a cadence is closed, the status of check-ins generated from the cadence will be updated:
- check-ins in status "Answers Due" will change to status "Excused"
- check-ins in status "Pending Approval" will change to status "Excused"
- check-ins in status "Completed" will remain as "Completed"
- check-ins in status "Expired" will remain as "Expired"
- check-ins in status "Excused" will remain as "Excused"
Historical cadence data will be preserved. No historical check-ins generated from the cadence will be deleted when a cadence is marked "Closed".