Check-In Rating Visibility
Check-In Rating Visibility Options
Ambition offers two options for check-in rating visibility:
- Hidden from the Employee
- Shown to the Employee
Hidden from the Employee
If check-in ratings are hidden from the employee:
- the check-in ratings section will be hidden from the coached employee when they access check-ins
- the employee will not have access to filtering their check-ins by check-in rating
- the "check-in average rating" data point will be hidden from the coaching analytics that are available on their personal dashboard
When check-in ratings are hidden from employees, managers and co-coaches will be able to view check-in ratings for check-ins where they are a manager or co-coach, but ratings will be hidden from managers within check-ins where they are the employee being coached.
Shown to the Employee
If check-ins rating are shown to the employee, they will be able to view the check-in ratings section (visibility into the specific rating categories as well as the average rating for the check-in) within their check-ins. Employees will be able to filter their check-in by average check and view the average rating for check-ins where they are being coached
Update Coaching Rating Visibility
Coaching check-in rating visibility is a global setting.
Any user with the "Organization: Edit" permission* can access and update the coaching check-in rating visibility.
*If your organization has enabled "Restricted Coaching Access", you will also have to be a manager or admin that was selected in order to view the Coaching Configuration tab.
1. Open the left navigation and click Administration > Organization.
2. Click on the Coaching Configuration tab.
The Coaching Configuration tab will only be available in Ambition instances where the Coaching feature is enabled.
3. Locate the Check-In Rating Visibility section.
4. Make the appropriate updates within the Check-In Rating Visibility section.
Hidden from the Employee is the default for instances created after August 22, 2023.
You can update the check-in rating visibility at any time.
What happens when visibility is updated?
If updated from shown to hidden, all previously submitted check-in ratings will be hidden from the coached employee when they revisit rated check-ins. Additionally, employees will no longer have access to filtering their check-ins by check-in rating or viewing their personal check-in average rating.
If updated from hidden to shown, all historically submitted rating categories will now be visible to the coached employee and you will be asked to Confirm that you understand this implication.
5. Click the Save button within the Coaching Configuration tab.