Domo <> Ambition Coaching Connector
The Ambition Coaching connector allows mutual customers of Domo and Ambition to schedule and export Ambition coaching and score data directly into Domo.
The exportable data includes 9 of Ambition's public API endpoints.
The exported Ambition data will exist in Domo as a DataSet.
Which API endpoints are available to be exported into Domo?
- Action Plan
- Check-In Template
- Managed Program
- Program Template
- Activity Score
- Objective Score
Enable the Connector in Domo
1. Login to Domo.
2. Access the Appstore.
3. Search for Ambition and select the "Ambition Coaching Connector".
4. Click on Get the Data.
Setup the Connector in Domo
1. Under the "Select Account" dropdown, select Add account...
After adding your account, complete the Credentials section of the form.
2. For Sub Domain, input your organization's Ambition Subdomain.
3. For Token, you will input an Authorization Token from either an Ambition API Integration or you can generate a new token through the Standard API Token Management option.
Steps for locating an existing API Authorization Token can be found here.
Steps for generating a new API Authorization Token can be found here.
4. Click Connect. After successfully connecting, click Next.
5. Select the report type you'd like to export into Domo from Ambition.
You will select one report type at a time since each report type will correspond to a Domo DataSet with respective scheduling and update frequencies, but can connect each report type separately if desired.
6. Click Next.
7. Select the appropriate Scheduling option, either Basic or Advanced.
The Scores endpoints will enforce a throttling limit of 30 calls per minute, per API, with a max of 1000 calls per day, per API.
ex. 30 calls, per minute with no more than 1000 calls for Activity Score and 30 calls, per minute with no more than 1000 calls for Objective Score.
A throttled response will have the status code
429 and the content will contain the message, "Too Many Requests".
8. Select the most appropriate Update Method for how your organization will use the DataSet, either Replace or Append.
9. Click Next.
Name and Describe Your DataSet
10. Input a DataSet Name.
11. Optionally input a DataSet Description.
12. Click Save.
The respective report will then be added within Domo as a DataSet that can be shared, cards can be created from, etc.
Example of Action Plan DataSet