Installing and Authorizing Ambition in Salesforce
Ambition is deeply integrated with Salesforce, the world's leading CRM.
- Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited Edition
- Salesforce System Administrator License
Wish to install using a headless user? Lean more here.
Install Ambition into Production Salesforce
1. Log in to your Organization's Ambition instance. After install, Ambition can be accessed within Salesforce, but preinstall Ambition must be accessed through your org's standalone Ambition domain.
2. Open the left navigation and click Administration > Data > Integrations.
3. Under Available Integrations, click the blue Enable Integration button in line with the Salesforce Integration.
A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm the new integration. Click Enable Integration to continue.
You will be redirected into the newly enabled Salesforce Integration.
Upon enabling you will be redirected into the Integration. To enter the Salesforce Integration anytime after original enabling:
Once enabled, the Salesforce Integration will appear under Active Integrations at the top of the page.
4. Click the Settings button to enter the Salesforce Integration.
5. Click the Installation/Authentication tab.
7. Click the Download for Production button.
8. When prompted, enter your Salesforce Production credentials.
↳ Installing with a Headless User? Enter the Headless User's credentials.
↳ Verify the installing user's language settings. Ambition will sync translated Salesforce field names and API names if applicable.
9. Set Security Level to "Install for Admins Only" and click Install.
10. Approve Third-Party Access with a checkmark and click Continue.
11. Once installed, return to the Installation/Authentication tab within Ambition and click the green Authorize API button.
12. Click Allow when prompted. You will be redirected back to Ambition once authorization is complete. This authorization process might take ~1 minute.
Successful Install and Authorization will be signaled by Status: Connected and all steps under Salesforce Initialization Status displaying with a green indicator.