The Ambition Data API provides organizations with the ability to programmatically send Ambition data to be processed and displayed across the platform... a perfect option for connecting data warehouses, proprietary systems, and a variety of third-party software existing in the market today.
You can enable as many API integrations as needed to capture your entire activity pipeline, the rule of thumb being that you will need one integration per system and/or dataset.
For example, if you wish to connect a CRM, a ticketing solution, and a phone system, you will most likely need to enable and setup three API integrations.
In order to ensure an efficient API integration process we highly recommend working through each step of the provided checklist.
- What employee activities are you wanting to track within Ambition.
↳ Lean more about planning metrics to be tracked in Ambition here.
- What is your desired update frequency? What is your minimum update frequency?
- Across which systems is desired employee activity data stored?
- Do these systems provide an automated way to export data?
- Can you setup a recurring process to export and transmit data to a custom Ambition endpoint via POST request?
- If your process is interrupted can you be notified to diagnose and fix issue?
Can you prepare and transmit data adhering to the following requirements?
- Flat CSV file with headers or flat (unnested) JSON Format
- Daily Cumulative Totals or Records (see Data page for details)
- Unique Employee Identifier and Timestamp Contained Within Every Row/Record
- Not exceed a file size of 15MB
It's important to note that all data in Ambition must be attributable to a user. If your data exists at a Team or Organizational level, it must be broken down into User level Metrics.
Ambition only supports TLS 1.2 encryption.
Ambition terminated support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 on March 28, 2019.