Turn on Manual Entry to track Metrics without setting up a typical data Integration. Perfect for new companies, small teams, and hard-to-automate Metrics.
Important to Note
All data in Ambition must be attributable to a user. If your data exists at a Team or Organizational level, it must be broken down into User level Metrics.
Data is entered on a daily basis, not for a given week or month.
Data is entered as a cumulative total for a given day.
Data can be entered historically and into the future.
For example, you create a Calls metric.
You cannot enter 100 calls for the month of July, instead you must enter 20 calls on July 1st, 60 calls on July 2nd, and 20 calls on July 3rd.
Set up a Manual Entry Integration
This is a comprehensive guide to setting up a Manual Entry Integration within Ambition. We advise working through the entire document if this is the first Manual Entry Integration that your Organization has setup within Ambition. Below are quick links to specific aspects of setting up a Manual Entry Integration.
Enable the Integration
1. Login to your Ambition instance.
2. Open the left navigation and click Administration > Data > Integrations.
3. Under Available Integrations, click the Enable Integration button in line with the Manual Entry Integration. You will be redirected within the new Manual Entry Integration.
Upon enabling you will be redirected within the Integration. To enter the Manual Entry Integration anytime after original enabling:
Once enabled, the Manual Entry Integration will appear under Active Integrations at the top of the page.
4. Click the Settings button to enter the Manual Entry Integration.
5. Set a descriptive name for Integration Name. We recommend an explicit name, typically the system/data being transmitted.
6. Provide an Admin Email Address. This email will be contacted if and when Integration issues arise.
7. Click the Save button.
You've now enabled the Manual Entry Integration, but Ambition needs to be instructed on what Metrics you wish to track.
1. Within the Manual Entry Integration, click on Data Format.
2. The first time you access the Data Format tab, you'll see that two Field Keys are in place, Email and Date.
Ambition will need these two elements, email and date, in order to tie your Manual Metrics to a specific User and Date.
Due to the spreadsheet's setup, Email Address must be used as the Unique Employee Identifier.
No other Unique Employee Identifier is needed.
Altering or removing the
Date Field Keys will result in an inability to input data.
3. Click the Add button to add the Metric names you wish to manually track in Ambition.
The Display Name will appear as a column header on the Spreadsheet.
For example, if you wanted to manually track "Calls" and "Leads":
Field Keys are limited to 43 characters.
4. Click the Save Data Format button and complete the prompted "I UNDERSTAND" statement.
What is Sandbox Mode and when should I utilize it?
Sandbox Mode is on by default when an Integration is first enabled in Ambition, and is notated by a "Sandbox Mode" badge in the upper left of the integrations tile.
Sandbox Mode allows for delivery of inputting data without impacting the instance as a whole. When an integration is in Sandbox Mode, the metrics created within the integration will not display outside of the integration.
Inputting test data into an integration in Sandbox Mode is not a requirement, but is an optional capability meant to support organizations that would like to test file structures and data delivery methods. Sandbox Mode can be disabled or reenabled at any time.
Sandbox Mode is especially helpful when adding additional integrations to Ambition after you've launched to your end users.
What does Purging Data entail?
When in Sandbox Mode, you will have the option to Purge the integration. Purging the integration entails all processed metric values and processed files will be deleted. Purging allows for any test and/or files with errors to be cleared out before Production Data is sent to Ambition.
Unless an integration is explicitly Purged, any data from test files will contribute to metric values once Sandbox Mode is disabled.
Learn more about Purging data here.
How do I disable/enable Sandbox mode?
1. Open the left navigation and click Administration > Data > Integrations.
2. Click the Settings button on the desired Manual Entry integration from within the Active Integrations section.
Integrations currently in Sandbox Mode will feature a "Sandbox Mode" badge in the upper left.
3. On the Settings page, locate the Sandbox Mode toggle
While in Sandbox mode, you will have the option to Purge All Data.
To Purge Data:
- Click the Purge All Data button.
- Click Confirm when prompted
To Disable Sandbox Mode:
- Toggle the Sandbox Mode option to Disabled.
- Click Save.
To Enable Sandbox Mode:
- Toggle the Sandbox Mode option to Enabled.
- Click Save.