Turn on Manual Entry to track Metrics without setting up a typical data Integration. Perfect for new companies, small teams, and hard-to-automate Metrics.
Important to note about Manual Data Entry
All data in Ambition must be attributable to a user. If your data exists at a Team or Organizational level, it must be broken down into User level Metrics.
Data is entered on a daily basis, not for a given week or month.
Data is entered as a cumulative total for a given day.
Data can be entered historically and into the future.
For example, you create a Calls metric.
You cannot enter 100 calls for the month of July, instead you must enter 20 calls on July 1st, 60 calls on July 2nd, and 20 calls on July 3rd.
Enable the Integration
1. Login to your Ambition instance.
2. Open the left navigation and click Administration > Data > Integrations.
3. Under Available Integrations, click the blue Enable Integration button in line with the Manual Entry Integration. You will be redirected within the new Manual Entry Integration.
Upon enabling you will be redirected within the Integration. To enter the Manual Entry Integration anytime after original enabling:
Once enabled, the Manual Entry Integration will appear under Active Integrations at the top of the page.
4. Click the Settings button to enter the Manual Entry Integration.
5. Set a descriptive name for Integration Name. We recommend an explicit name, typically the system/data being transmitted.
6. Provide an Admin Email Address. This email will be contacted if and when Integration issues arise.
7. Click the green Save button.
You've now enabled the Manual Entry Integration, but Ambition needs to be instructed on what Metrics you wish to track.
1. Within the Manual Entry Integration, click the Data Format tab.
2. The first time you access the Data Format tab, you'll see that two Field Keys are in place, Email and Date.
Ambition will need these two elements, email and date, in order to tie your Manual Metrics to a specific User and Date.
Due to the spreadsheet's setup, Email Address must be used as the Unique Employee Identifier.
No other Unique Employee Identifier is needed.
Altering or removing the
Date Field Keys will result in an inability to input data.
3. Click the blue Add button to add the Metric names you wish to manually track in Ambition.
The Display Name will appear as a column header on the Spreadsheet.
For example, if you wanted to manually track "Calls" and "Leads":
4. Click the green Save Data Format button and complete the prompted "I UNDERSTAND" statement.
5. When ready for Metrics to be visible to your employees:
Click the Settings tab
Toggle Sandbox Mode to Disabled
Click the green Save button