Formula Builder and Advanced Metrics
Ambition allows you to combine existing Metrics (even coming from different systems) into advanced Metrics, perfect for measuring ratios and aggregating activity.
Enable the Formula Builder
1. Open the left navigation and click Administration > Data > Integrations.
2. Under Available Integrations, click the blue Enable Integration button in line with the Formula Builder Integration.
Once enabled, the Formula Builder will appear under Active Integrations at the top of the page.
3. Click the Settings button to enter the Formula Builder Integration.
Create Formula Builder Metrics
1. To create a new Formula Metric, click on the Add tab found under Metric Library.
2. Complete the form by filling out the following fields:
Name: What is this Formula Builder Metric tracking? Visible to end User.
Description: Visible to end User and very important for Formula Builder Metrics. Provide detail to assist in understanding the calculation.
Use the Left and Right Type selectors to construct the Metric calculation needed.
Left and Right Type: Use the dropdown to select Metric or Constant Number.
Note: Currently Activity and Objective Score cannot be utilized in the Formula Builder
Select the basic math operator that needs to be applied.
Multiplier: Set a value that will multiply each generated value.
Ex: If you are wanting to convert a decimal value into a percentage set this to '100'
Minimum Value Threshold: Optional, useful for preventing negative numbers. Sets a floor that the computed Metric cannot fall below.
Maximum Value Threshold: Optional, useful for preventing arbitrarily high numbers. Sets a ceiling that the computed Metric cannot rise above.
3. Click the green Save button.