Graph Reporting allows you to view trends over specific periods of time.
Trends are powerful. Trends highlight patterns. Positive trends can be reinforced, while negative trends can be realigned. You can't do either of these if you are not aware of the trends of your Users.
Sorting by Time Frames and Metrics, you can analyze trends for the Users you manage as a whole while also being able to drill down to the individual level.
Access the Graph
1. Click the left-hand navigation > Analytics.
2. From the Analytics' Home Page, you can open any previously saved reports or open a new report type. From the Explore Data and Create New Reports window, select Graph from the dropdown menu and click Explore Data.
If your Organization does not utilize both Activity and Objective Score, a No Data message will render upon loading. Adjusting the filters in the next step will resolve the No Data message!
3. Click the Filters button to slide out the filter panel, allowing you to have drill-down capabilities to capture the exact Data, Metrics, Time Frame, and Hierarchy Levels you are desiring to see.
4. Select the Display As filter to view your data across three different graph types:
- Line Graph - Great for viewing trends over time.
- Stacked Area Graph - Perfect for comparing part-to-whole relationships (ex: Meetings Set - Outbound with Meetings Set - Referral).
- Column (Bar) Graph - Great for comparing teams across a single Metric.
a. Select the Time Frame that you are wanting to view data across:
Time Frames Options include:
*Selecting Custom will allow you to choose a specific Start date through a calendar picker.
A custom End Date can be selected as well.
If a Custom start date is not selected, also update the Length of time you'd wish to view.
Determine the end range of your data set by selecting either Today or a Custom Ending time.
b. Decide the intervals that you wish to see your data by selecting either Day, Week, Month, or Quarter. This will be your x-axis on your Graph!
Example x-axis from selected Time Series above. 4 Months broken down by Week.
Note: Choosing a Time Series that's larger than the Time Frame will result in a single data point on your graph.
Example. Time Frame = 1 Month ending Today, Time Series = Quarter will render a single data point instead of a line or stacked area graph and a single bar for a column graph.
6. Select the Metric you wish to analyze by clicking the dropdown under Metric. You have the ability to select up to 12 metrics at once within Graph Mode!
Note: You can either view 12 metrics at once for 1 entity, or 12 individuals at once for 1 metric.
7. Select the appropriate Hierarchy Level for the data you are looking to analyze.
Read more about Ambition Hierarchy Levels here.
Hierarchy Level is the level you wish to view data over
Do I want to compare data for 3 different Users? Do I need data for just one team?
Selection Type will only display Custom.
Graph Mode will allow you to select up to 12 Users or Groups to display.
8. Include or exclude weekends in your data through the Include Weekend toggle.
9. If Line is selected as the "Display As" option from Step 5, you'll have an additional toggle of Show Percent Changed.
The % to change will appear in parentheses next to the value.
Percent Changed is great for comparing two metrics with a large difference in values. For example, Revenue $ vs Activity Score. Revenue $ could get up to the millions while Activity Score will always be 0-100!
10. To save your changes, select the green Apply Filters button. This will reload your graph report using the newly selected filters.
Save Graph Reports
Instead of bookmarking frequently visited reports, save them directly in Ambition.
1. Click the Reports button.
2. Click + Create Report.
3. Name your report and optionally provide a description. Click the green Save button.
All saved reports can be reaccessed through the Reports button.
Export Graph Data
Optionally choose to export an image of your Graph by clicking the green Image button.
If you wish to export the raw metric values feeding the Graph, they can be exported in CSV form via Ambition's Spreadsheet reporting utilizing the same filters for Time Range, Metric, and Hierarchy.