Planning and Building Metrics
A Metric (KPI) is a quantifiable measure that is used to track and assess the status of a specific process. In other words, a Metric is a measurable/countable action -- an Email Sent, a Lead Converted, a Deal Won, etc.
Metric Definitions are the key to connecting your integrated business data to your individual Users. Metrics establish the connection between data and people, creating numerical metric values.
It's important to note that all data in Ambition must be attributable to a user. If your data exists at a Team or Organizational level, you must break that down into User level Metrics.
Checklist to consider while building each Metric:
- What is your source of truth?
Is there a sole source of truth for the metric you are building? A report? A dashboard?
Does every Manager track this metric the same way?
- Are you currently reporting on the desired Ambition metrics?
If you needed to pull a report of the desired Metric, could you?
- What filters are used in that report?
- Does metric logic created in Ambition match the source of truth report exactly?
- Does logic handle deleted records (Do you have an IsDeleted column?