Validate Daily Totals
"How do I validate Daily Totals format integrations?" is a continuation of "How do I validate data in Ambition?".
The focus is on validating User level Metrics with a Daily Totals format integration for a single day. For team or weekly/monthly aggregations, please validate User level data first, then return to "How do I validate data in Ambition?" for further instruction.
Daily Totals entails that your organization will be processing data into Metrics within your system and then sending the daily values.
When sending Daily Totals data the uniqueness constraint will be the
unique employee identifier and
datefields which effectively means that an employee can only have one value per Metric for a specific date. This allows you to automatically overwrite/update data.
It's important to note that Ambition will display the most recent value that's been sent via the respective Integration method (API/FTP/File Upload/Manual Entry).
1. Identify a distinct user with inconsistent data on a distinct date.
2. Open the left navigation and click Administration > Data > Integrations.
3. Click the Settings button to enter the Daily Totals Integration in question.
4. Click on the Data Explorer tab.
5. Within the Data Explorer tab, click on Metrics.
6. Click on the Filters icon.
7. Select the relevant User and Metric that are reporting inconsistent data.
If you have identified the specific day with a discrepancy, you can also update the Date filter.
You will see the filtered User's data listed by day.
8. Click Explore on the appropriate row, and select Raw Records.
Important to note that with Daily Totals, each user has a single value for each individual day.
9. Here you will be able to see the most recent value Ambition has received that's contributing to the Metric total.
Since the Metric Total value that Ambition is displaying is determined by data sent to us, you will want to reach out to the Integration's Admin Email Address.
If provided, the Admin Email Address can be found under the Settings tab of each Integration.
If no Admin Email Address is present, click the Get Help and Learn tab at the bottom of the left hand navigation to access your Organization's Support Resources.
If your Organization has provided Support information, you will see a Company Support Information tab present under Get Help and Learn.
If you are still unable to rectify the discrepancy, please contact Ambition Support at email@example.com.
Article is closed for comments.