This article is a continuation of Introduction to Data Validation specifically for Daily Totals integrations.
This article focuses on validating User level Metrics for a single day. For team or weekly/monthly aggregations, please validate User level data first, then return to Introduction to Data Validation for further instruction.
Daily Totals entails that your organization will be processing data into Metrics within your system and then sending the daily values.
When sending Daily Totals data the uniqueness constraint will be the
unique employee identifier and
datefields which effectively means that an employee can only have one value per Metric for a specific date. This allows you to automatically overwrite/update data.
It's important to note that Ambition will display the most recent value that's been sent via the respective Integration method (API/FTP/File Upload/Manual Entry).
1. Identify a distinct user with inconsistent data on a distinct date.
2. Open the left navigation and click Administration > Data > Integrations.
3. Click the Settings button to enter the Daily Totals Integration in question.
4. Click on the Data Explorer tab.
5. Within the Data Explorer tab, click on 4. Metrics in the top pipeline selector.
6. Click on the blue Filters button.
7. Select the relevant User and Metric that are reporting inconsistent data.
You will see the filtered User's data listed by day.
8. Click Explore on the appropriate row, and select Raw Records.
9. Here you will be able to see the most recent record Ambition has received that's contributing to the Metric total.
Since the Metric Total value that Ambition is displaying is determined by data sent to us, you will want to reach out to the Integration's Admin Email Address.
The Admin Email Address can be found under the Settings tab of each Integration.
If no Admin Email Address is present, click the blue Get Help button in the lower right corner of Ambition to access your Organization's Support Resources.
If your Organization has provided Support information, you will see a Company Support and Company Information tab present in the Help Center.
If you are still unable to rectify the discrepancy, please contact your Customer Success Manager for assistance. In lieu of a dedicated CSM, please contact Support at email@example.com.