"Headless" User License Install
Some organizations opt to create and install Ambition as a "headless" Salesforce User with only the explicit permissions required.
Create Custom Permission Set
- Click Setup from within Salesforce
- Under Administration Setup click Manage Users and then Permission Sets
- Click New, name it "Ambition Access (Custom)", click Save.
- Click Manage Assignments to add the "headless" User who will install Ambition.
- Work through each section listed below adding the required access.
We need access to the ambition.Ambition App, you will need to wait until Ambition is installed before adding this to the Permission Set.
ASSIGNED CONNECTED APPS:
We need access to the Ambition and Ambition Canvas Connected App, you will need to wait until Ambition is installed before adding this to the Permission Set.
We need Read Access to all Standard Objects you wish to track within Ambition. Click on each individual Object Name and then enable Read.
We need Full Access (Read, Create, Edit, Delete, View All, Modify All) to all Custom Objects listed below. You will need to wait until Ambition is installed before adding these Custom Objects to the Permission Set.
The information stored in the Objects above includes Users, Objects, and associated Fields you have configured for us to query in addition to Ambition server credentials and debugging information for when we need to diagnose unexpected errors.
The Ambition application creates the above Objects and we occasionally perform remote configuration (enabling/disabling logging, configuring new metrics) as necessary. We do require Write permission on the above Ambition-installed Custom Objects.
We need read/write access to the IsAmbitionUser Field on the User Object.
Verify the headless user's language settings. Ambition will sync translated Salesforce field names and API names if applicable.
APEX CLASS ACCESS:
We need all Classes starting with Ambition to be enabled, you will need to wait until Ambition is installed before adding this to the Permission Set.
VISUALFORCE PAGE ACCESS:
We need all Pages starting with Ambition to be enabled, you will need to wait until Ambition is installed before adding this to the Permission Set.
- API Enabled: API Enabled allows Ambition to utilize the REST API
- View All Data: We need View All Data so that you can build/test/use Metrics. If you cannot assign this permission you will need to manage a Profile or Permission Set with scoped Object/Field access that aligns with Metric needs.
- Download AppExchange Packages: We need this so that you can download our package.
↳ Ambition supports the ability to install with one user license and authorize the API with another. Download AppExchange Packages is only needed if the headless license is being used for both install and authorization.
- Manage Package Licenses: We need Manage Package Licenses in order to determine if our Managed Package is installed.
- Assign Permission Sets: Assign Permission Sets allows Ambition to grant User access to the Ambition App and Tabs within Salesforce.
- View All Users: View All Users is needed so that you can invite Users onto Ambition.
Install Managed Package with Headless User
- Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited Edition
- Custom Permission Sets above have been assigned to Headless User.
1. Log in to your Organization's Ambition instance. After install, Ambition can be accessed within Salesforce, but preinstall Ambition must be accessed through your org's standalone Ambition domain.
2. Open the left navigation and click Administration > Data > Integrations.
3. Under Available Integrations, click the Enable Integration button in line with the Salesforce Integration.
Upon enabling you will be redirected into the Integration. To enter the Salesforce Integration anytime after original enabling:
Once enabled, the Salesforce Integration will appear under Active Integrations at the top of the page.
4. Click the Settings button to enter the Salesforce Integration.
5. Click on Installation/Authentication.
7. When prompted, enter your Salesforce Headless User credentials.
8. Click the Download for Production button.
9. Set Security Level to "Install for Admins Only" and click Install.
10. Approve Third-Party Access with a checkmark and click Continue.
11. Once installed, return to Installation/Authentication within Ambition and click the Authorize API button.
Ambition supports the ability to install with one user license and authorize the API with another. Ensure that you are authorizing with the license you wish to authorize the Salesforce API.
12. Click Allow when prompted. You will be redirected back to Ambition once authorization is complete. This authorization process might take ~1 minute.
Successful Install and Authorization will be signaled by Status: Connected and all steps under Salesforce Initialization Status displaying with a green indicator.