"Headless" User License Install
Some organizations opt to create and install Ambition as a "headless" Salesforce User with only the explicit permissions required.
Create Custom Permission Set
- Click Setup from within Salesforce
- Under Administration Setup click Manage Users and then Permission Sets
- Click New, name it "Ambition Access (Custom)", click Save.
- Click Manage Assignments to add the "headless" User who will install Ambition.
- Work through each section listed below adding the required access.
We need access to the ambition.Ambition App, you will need to wait until Ambition is installed before adding this to the Permission Set.
ASSIGNED CONNECTED APPS:
We need access to the Ambition and Ambition Canvas Connected App, you will need to wait until Ambition is installed before adding this to the Permission Set.
We need Read Access to all Standard Objects you wish to track within Ambition. Click on each individual Object Name and then enable Read.
We need Full Access (Read, Create, Edit, Delete, View All, Modify All) to all Custom Objects listed below. You will need to wait until Ambition is installed before adding these Custom Objects to the Permission Set.
The information stored in the Objects above includes Users, Objects, and associated Fields you have configured for us to query in addition to Ambition server credentials and debugging information for when we need to diagnose unexpected errors.
The Ambition application creates the above Objects and we occasionally perform remote configuration (enabling/disabling logging, configuring new metrics) as necessary. We do require Write permission on the above Ambition-installed Custom Objects.
We need read/write access to the IsAmbitionUser Field on the User Object.
APEX CLASS ACCESS:
We need all Classes starting with Ambition to be enabled, you will need to wait until Ambition is installed before adding this to the Permission Set.
VISUALFORCE PAGE ACCESS:
We need all Pages starting with Ambition to be enabled, you will need to wait until Ambition is installed before adding this to the Permission Set.
- API Enabled: This allows Ambition to utilize the REST API
- View All Data: We need this so that you can build/test/use Metrics. If you cannot assign this permission you will need to manage a Profile or Permission Set with scoped Object/Field access that aligns with Metric needs.
- Download AppExchange Packages: We need this so that you can download our package.
- Assign Permission Sets: This allows Ambition to grant User access to the Ambition App and Tabs within Salesforce.
- View All Users - We need this so that you can invite Users onto Ambition.