"Headless" User License Install
Ambition supports installation of Ambition's managed package with a "headless" user license, a Salesforce license not associated with a specific person, with only the explicit permissions required.
Create Custom Permission Set
- Click Setup from within Salesforce
- Under Administration Setup click Manage Users and then Permission Sets
- Click New, name it "Ambition Access (Custom)", click Save.
- Click Manage Assignments to add the "headless" user who will install Ambition.
- Work through each section listed below adding the required access.
We need access to the ambition.Ambition App, you will need to wait until Ambition is installed before adding this to the Permission Set.
ASSIGNED CONNECTED APPS:
We need access to the Ambition and Ambition Canvas Connected App, you will need to wait until Ambition is installed before adding this to the Permission Set.
We need Read Access to all Standard and Custom Objects you wish to track within Ambition. Click on each individual Object Name and then enable Read.
We need Full Access (Read, Create, Edit, Delete, View All, Modify All) to all Custom Objects listed below. You will need to wait until Ambition is installed before adding these Custom Objects to the Permission Set.
The information stored in the Objects above includes Users, Objects, and associated Fields you have configured for us to query in addition to Ambition server credentials and debugging information for when we need to diagnose unexpected errors.
The Ambition application creates the above Objects and we occasionally perform remote configuration (enabling/disabling logging, configuring new metrics) as necessary. We do require Write permission on the above Ambition-installed Custom Objects.
We need read/write access to the IsAmbitionUser Field on the User Object.
Verify the headless user's language settings. Ambition will sync translated Salesforce field names and API names if applicable.
APEX CLASS ACCESS:
We need all Classes starting with Ambition to be enabled, you will need to wait until Ambition is installed before adding this to the Permission Set.
VISUALFORCE PAGE ACCESS:
We need all Pages starting with Ambition to be enabled, you will need to wait until Ambition is installed before adding this to the Permission Set.
|Permission||Why Ambition Requires|
|Allows Ambition to use the REST API.|
View All Data
Needed for creating, testing, and using Metrics in Ambition.
Assigning "View All Data" is strongly recommend.
If you cannot assign this permission, you will need to manage a Profile or Permission Set within Salesforce that has scoped object/field access which aligns with metric logic needs.
Viewing all data allows for new data points to be added to Ambition at any time. Scoped object and field access will require support from Salesforce Administrators to update Ambition’s access anytime a new object or field needs to be used to populate data in Ambition.
Download AppExchange Packages
Needed for downloading Ambition's managed package.
Manage Package Licenses
|Needed to determine if our Managed Package is installed.|
Assign Permission Sets
|Needed to grant user access to the Ambition App and Tabs within Salesforce.|
View All Users
|Needed for adding users into Ambition.|
Install Ambition's Managed Package with Headless User License
- Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited Edition
- Custom Permission Sets above have been assigned to headless user.
Ambition recommends completing install within an incognito window and not logging into Salesforce ahead of time to ensure that the authorization and installation is completed with the correct Salesforce credentials. You will be prompted to log in to Salesforce at the appropriate time during the process.
1. Log in to your organization's Ambition instance. After install, Ambition can be accessed within Salesforce, but preinstall Ambition must be accessed through your organization's standalone Ambition domain.
2. Open the left navigation and click Administration > Data > Integrations.
3. Click the + Enable Integration button.
If this is the first integration enabled in your instance, you will skip this step and begin at step 4.
4. Locate the Salesforce integration and click "Enable Integration" in line with the Salesforce integration name and icon.
You will be redirected into the newly enabled Salesforce Integration.
Upon enabling you will be redirected into the Integration. To enter the Salesforce Integration anytime after original enabling:
Once enabled, the Salesforce Integration will appear on the Integration Management page.
5. Click Edit in line with the Salesforce integration.
6. Click on the Authorize/Install tab.
8. When prompted, enter your Salesforce headless user credentials.
Click "Allow" when prompted. You will be redirected back to Ambition once authorization is complete. The authorization process might take ~1 minute.
Ambition supports the ability to install with one user license and authorize the API with another. Ensure that you are authorizing with the license you wish to authorize the Salesforce API.
↳ Verify the authorizing user's language settings. Ambition will sync translated Salesforce field names and API names if applicable.
Successful Authorization will be signaled by "Status: Connected" and the following steps under Salesforce Initialization Status will display a green status indicator:
- Import User Fields
- Initialize Oauth Configuration
- Initialize User Depot
- Register Admin as Integration Contact
9. After authorizing is complete, click "Install App"
10. Click the "Download for Production" button.
11. Set Security Level to "Install for Admins Only" and click Install.
12. Approve Third-Party Access with a checkmark and click Continue.
13. Once you've been notified of successful installation, return to the Authorize/Install tab within Ambition and click "Set up App"
Successful Authorization and Install will be signaled by Status: Connected and all steps under Salesforce Initialization Status displaying with a green indicator.
14. Verify that all portions of the custom permission that couldn't be assigned until after installation are now assigned to the "Ambition Access (Custom)" custom permission set.