Action Plans can be linked to 1:1 Check Ins or exist independently. This walkthrough will highlight creating an independent Action Plan.
- You have the Coaching app enabled. If you don't believe you have Coaching enabled, contact us at email@example.com.
- The creator of the Action Plan must have Coaching: Create Action Plans Permissions in Ambition.
Create an Action Plan
1. Open the left navigation and click Coaching > Action Plans.
2. Click the green Create Action Plan button.
3. Complete the Create Action Plan form:
Employee: The Ambition User that is responsible for completing the Action Plan.
The employee will be notified upon creation.
Due Date: Date in the future when the Action Plan must be completed. The employee has until the end of the day to complete the Action Plan.
Click the green Next button.
The following Action Plan Items Types are available:
An Action Plan can contain any combination of the three types.
To add Items to the Action Plan, select the appropriate Type, complete the respective steps, and click the blue Add button.
Type = Goal
Select an existing Ambition Goal Or create a Goal on the spot for the employee to achieve.
Things to Note:
Completing the Goal will automatically mark the Action Plan Item as complete.
If the Goal is completed but then updated and the target is no longer reached it will automatically revert the Action Plan Item to be incomplete.
To Select an Existing Goal:
- Locate the respective Goal that has previously been created for the Employee.
To Create a new Goal:
- Click the purple + Create Goal button.
- Complete the Goal Form.
Questions about building Goals in Ambition? Learn more here.
Employee View of Goal Action Plan Item
Type = Question
A question for the employee to answer.
Employee View of Question Action Plan Item
Type = External URL
A link to a third-party item; for example, a LMS module.
Things to Note:
The employee will be responsible for marking this Action Plan Item as complete.
Employee View of External URL Action Plan Item
4. Click the green Create Action Plan button to save.
- On Creation: The Employee will be notified upon creation of Action Plan.
- On Completion: Both the Employee and Manager will be notified upon completion of Action Plan.
- On Expiration: Both the Employee and Manager will be notified after the Due Date if the Action Plan was not completed.