Coaching Session Question Library
Check out our Question Library we have compiled to aid in your Coaching sessions.
Need more help getting started with Coaching? Find industry-proven Program templates that you can utilize here.
Example Questions by:
- Which opportunity have you had in your pipeline the longest? What is your action plan to either progress or disqualify?
Sales Development Representative
- What strategy/theme will you use this week to generate interest?
- What have you been doing that's working? Why?
- What have you been doing that's not working? Why?
- Which employees would you not fight to keep if they turned in their notice? What is your action plan to coach them up or out?
- What did you read/listen to since the last review that's made you a better manager?
- What are you going to read/listen to between now and your next review to make you a better manager?
Tactical (Daily) <------|------|------> Strategic (Quarterly)
Think classical "Performance Review" where your goal with each employee is to encourage open communication, align professional objectives with company goals, praise growth and identify/address challenges.
- What is the one thing you have accomplished since the last review that you are most proud of?
- How have you advanced your career goals since the last review? What are your career goals?
- What are you hoping to accomplish between now and your next review?
- Do you have access to all of the tools and/or resources you need to do your job?
- Do you feel like you and your team work well together?
- What is one area where you feel like you could improve at your job?
- What do you think the goals of our company are? What do you think the goals of our department are?
- Can you explain how management has helped you in doing your job? Can you explain how management has hindered your job performance?
- What opportunities is our company not doing a good job realizing?
- What's the biggest strength and weakness of our company's offering?
- What is one role that we should hire to make our company better?
- If you were the CEO of our company, what would you focus on?
Focus on employee Objectives and the path to achieve them.
- What were your big wins? Small wins?
- Are there any projects you'd really like to work on if given the opportunity?
- Is there anything that I can partner with you on?
- Did you achieve your Objectives since the last review? Why or why not?
- What are your new Objectives between now and your next review?
- Do you feel like the inputs asked of you correlate to the outputs asked of you?
- What part of the process do you find the most challenging and why?
- How would your prospects/customers speak about working with you?
- How have your team members helped you since the last review? How have you helped them?
- What is the biggest gap in your knowledge of our company's offering? What will we do to fix this?
Focus on employee Activities and motivation/impediments that could affect productivity.
- What did you focus on this week?
- What challenges or roadblocks do you need help with?
- Who has been your MVP since the last review?
- On a scale of 1-10, how productive have you been since the last review? If you wanted to move up a number, what would it take?
Think low-touch interaction to instill discipline and accountability.
- What is your top priority today?
- On a scale of 1-10, how productive were you yesterday? What kept you from a higher number?
- What was your high and low from yesterday?
- What have you found within this position that's surprised you? Why?
- What have you found within this new position that's surprised you? Why?
Performance Improvement Plan
- Is there another role within our company where you feel you would excel? Why?