Sessions and Check-Ins
New Coaching Sessions (and subsequently, each employee's Check-In) will be generated based on a Program's cadence.
The Manager, Contributor, and Ambition Admin can see the shared Coaching Sessions.
Can Admin Interact with all Coaching Check-Ins?
Any User in Ambition with Admin Permissions will by default be able to view and export all Coaching Program and Utilization Data.
While Admin can view all Coaching Programs and Check-Ins, unless a the respective Admin is the Program's Owner, they will not be able to directly interact with the Program - ex. leave notes, rate, or excuse.
However, Admin can access and view the Coaching Check-ins as an "Observer" if they desire.
How does an Employee Interact with Coaching?
Employees will be notified both in-product and via email when a new Check-In is available to be completed.
They will then navigate to the Check-In within Ambition where they will:
- Answer the Program's questions
- Optionally leave comments for additional context or questions
- Click the Complete button
After the Employee has marked the Program as complete, the Program's Owner will be notified both in-product and via email that the Check-In is ready for review and approval.
There are two ways for the employee to complete their agenda items, either from their dashboard or via the left-hand nav. Here are both:
1) Directly from their user dashboard, on the coaching tab:
2) or they can find the check in from the left hand navigation, Coaching > Check Ins:
An employee can either save partial progress for returning work, or once they're finished, they can submit their progress with the green Mark Complete button.
Once it's submitted as complete, the status will change to Pending Approval. It is now the manager's job to review the submitted answers before the check in is complete.
How do Managers Interact with Coaching?
Managers will be notified both in-product and via email when an employee's Check-In is ready for review and approval.
Finding open or pending check ins
There are two ways for a manager to find their employee's check ins, either through their managerial dashboard or through the left-hand navigation Coaching > Check Ins, both shown below:
1) The Managerial Dashboard: Provides a rolled-up view of every employee on their team. Here the manager can view all open and historical coaching items for their direct reports:
2) Navigation, Coaching > Check Ins:
They will then navigate to the Check-In where they will have the options to:
- review the answers
- notify the employee that additional context is needed
- provide a rating that is visible to both employee and manager
- excuse the check in if necessary
- optionally leave comments (No notification is sent upon leaving comment)
- approve and mark the check in as complete
Requesting feedback typically corresponds with leaving comments where a manager will ask for additional clarification or details. The employee will be notified that the Check-In has been reviewed but has not been approved.
Upon clicking Complete the employee will be notified that the Check-In has been reviewed and has been approved.
Check in Rating
Clicking the three dot ellipses button will allow a Manager to Rate or Excuse a respective Check-in.
Rate Check In
There are four different ratings that can be assigned to a Check In:
- Exceeded Expectation (Score of 3)
- Met Expectation (Score of 2)
- Below Expectation (Score of 1)
- Did Not Complete (Score of 0)
Mark As Excuse
A Check In can be marked Excused as necessary; for example, when an employee is on vacation.
Search for Coaching Check Ins
Click on the Check Ins button found under the Coaching tab in the left-hand navigation. There, managers and employees will see all coaching sessions that are applicable to their user account.
- Managers will see all check ins that they host and, if applicable, any check ins that they are personally required to do with their corresponding supervisor.
- Employees will be shown a list of their personal check ins, listed by date and status.
To begin your search, select the Filters button.
Managers can search for Check Ins through the following methods:
- Due Date: Newest = Newest at the top
- Due Date: Oldest = Oldest at the top
- Owner: Search for managers or admins who own the check in.
- Employee: Search for the manager who is responsible for completing the agenda items
- All: All records
- Open: Action is required either from the manager or employee before it's complete
- Due: Waiting for answers from the employee
- Pending: Waiting for the manager to review the employee's response
- Complete: Signed-off by both parties prior to the due date
- Expired: Expired before being completed by both parties
- Excused: Excused by the manager, for events like vacations
- Scheduled: One-off check-ins that haven't started yet
- Rating: Search for completed check ins based on employees performance:
- Exceeded Expectation
- Met Expectation
- Below Expectation
- Did Not Complete
- Program: Search for check ins by program name.
- Search Notes: Search through your private notes from previous check ins.