Sessions and Check-Ins
New Coaching Sessions (and subsequently, each employee's Check-In) will be generated based on a Program's cadence.
The Manager, Contributor, and Ambition Admin can see the shared Coaching Sessions.
Can Admin Interact with all Coaching Check-Ins?
Any User in Ambition with Admin Permissions will by default be able to view and export all Coaching Program and Utilization Data.
While Admin can view all Coaching Programs and Check-Ins, unless a the respective Admin is the Program's Owner, they will not be able to directly interact with the Program - ex. leave notes, rate, or excuse.
However, Admin can access and view the Coaching Check-ins as an "Observer" if they desire.
How does an Employee Interact with Coaching?
Employees will be notified both in-product and via email when a new Check-In is available to be completed.
They will then navigate to the Check-In within Ambition where they will:
- Answer the Program's questions
- Optionally leave comments for additional context or questions
- Click the green Check Mark to complete
After the Employee has marked the Program as complete, the Program's Owner will be notified both in-product and via email that the Check-In is ready for review and approval.
How do Managers Interact with Coaching?
Managers will be notified both in-product and via email when an employee's Check-In is ready for review and approval.
They will then navigate to the Check-In where they will have the options to:
- review the answers
- provide a rating that is visible to both employee and manager
- excuse the check in if necessary
- optionally leave comments (No notification is sent upon leaving comment)
- either click the Conversation Bubble to Request Feedback or the green Check Mark to complete
Requesting feedback typically corresponds with leaving comments where a manager will ask for additional clarification or details. The employee will be notified that the Check-In has been reviewed but has not been approved.
Upon clicking Complete the employee will be notified that the Check-In has been reviewed and has been approved.
Check in Rating
Clicking the blue Star button will allow a Manager to Rate or Excuse a respective Check-in.
There are four different ratings that can be assigned to a Check In:
- Exceeded Expectation (Score of 3)
- Met Expectation (Score of 2)
- Below Expectation (Score of 1)
- Did Not Complete (Score of 0)
A Check In can be marked Excused as necessary; for example, when an employee is on vacation.
Search for Coaching Check Ins
Click on the Check Ins button found under the Coaching tab in the left-hand navigation. There, managers and employees will see all coaching sessions that are applicable to their user account.
- Managers will see all check ins that they host and, if applicable, any check ins that they are personally required to do with their corresponding supervisor.
- Employees will be shown a list of their personal check ins, listed by date and status.
To begin your search, select the Filters button.
Managers can search for Check Ins through the following methods:
- Owner: Search for managers or admins who own the check in.
- Open: Action is required either from the manager or employee before it's complete.
- Pending: Waiting for the manager to review the employees response.
- Complete: Signed-off by both parties.
- Excused: Excused by the manager, for events like vacations.
- All: Pulls in all check ins, regardless of status.
- Rating: Search for completed check ins based on employees performance:
- Exceeded Expectation
- Met Expectation
- Below Expectation
- Did Not Complete
- Program: Search for check ins by program name.
- Search Notes: Search through your private notes from previous check ins.