Why Utilize Ambition Coaching?
Coach reps and drive success. Ambition’s coaching platform is designed to help sales leaders drive actionable, metrics-driven conversations with reps, resulting in stronger relationships, increased productivity, and better performance.
Benefits of Using Ambition Coaching:
- Everyone knows that coaching is important, but few knows why. Tie rep and team performance directly to coaching events to see the exact impact that coaching (and your time!) are having on performance.
- Make the most of your time together. Get answers to key questions in advance, look at rep performance and progress against goals without having to search for reports, and align on action plans.
- Action Plan alignment -- reps and managers leaves with the same, documented action items after the meeting. Zero confusion, total clarity.
- Coaching via post-it or spreadsheet -- papers get lost and you don’t remember what you talked about last time. Keeping coaching conversations in one place, tied to rep performance, lets you stay organized and spend more time developing your team -- not searching for reports, papers, and post-its.
Ambition Coaching Overview
Coaching is made up of 3 key components that work together. Check-Ins, Action Plans, & Notes.
- Check-Ins bring Managers and Contributors together in more data-driven, prepared and effective 1:1 coaching sessions. These can either be hosted through one-off check-ins or through recurring programs. 1: Many Coaching events are supported through Group Check-ins.
- Action Plans track outcomes of coaching sessions, monitoring qualitative and quantitative measures of contributor improvement.
- Shared & Private Notes allow Managers to create shared notes with their employees or private notes for their own record keeping.
Coaching Timeline on Dashboard.
- Coaching History Timelines bring the components of coaching together. Coaching timelines allow managers and employees to see their coaching history, open and historical, in one location.
A) One-Off Check-Ins
Managers can create One-off Check-ins that are either scheduled or completed in-line (live). Additionally, these one-off check-ins can be added to an employee's existing coaching program to ensure that they are tracked in the coaching utilization reports.
Optionally, teams can create one-off check-in templates that can be used to quickly build a check-in.
B) Coaching Programs
Coaching Check-Ins can also be part of a Coaching Program. Those Programs are Manager or Theme based collections of recurring touch points that share a common manager, participants, and agenda.
- SDR Daily Update
- AE Weekly Update
- AE Monthly Pipeline Review
- Employee Quarterly Performance Review
Depending on your organization's coaching structure, Ambition offers two types of coaching programs:
- Single Programs: Built for a manager and their direct reports.
- Managed Programs: Top down approach, built for multiple managers and their teams.
Check-ins can be found via the left navigation > Coaching > Check Ins.
The amount of Check-ins found here will be dependent on Permissions. Check-ins can be filtered by Status so one can quickly navigate to the specific items that need addressing.
Each Coaching Session is generated based on a Manager-to-Contributor relationship and repeated as desired either through a Coaching Program cadence or one-off.
Contributors receive an email at a designated time with each week's coaching questions. They answer and submit those questions before the scheduled 1:1. This ensures that contributors come to coaching sessions prepared and ready to dive right into important topics.
Access to Current and Historical Performance within a Check-In
During a Check-in, both Manager and Contributor have instant access to current KPIs, historical performance, Goals, Notes and outstanding deliverables.
From the Metrics tab within a Check-in, compare a User to a role or to a peer. Click the Trends icon to see a line graph of the user's performance.
After a Check-in, Managers can choose to rate or excuse and then close the Coaching Check-in which archives it for historical record. Action Items can be created within a check-in to document any outstanding to-dos and deliverables.
Every Monday morning at 9am the Enterprise Sales Team meets with their leadership team to review what happened last week, talk about open opportunities this week, and to discuss any blockers to success.
Ambition's Group Check-In will auto-generate each week's agenda and invite each participant to comment on the agenda items, complete action items, or to take notes.
C) Group Check-ins
Ambition’s Group Check-Ins are built to support team meetings and group coaching events. These are recurring (auto-generated) conversations between a team lead and a group of participants. Group Check-Ins result in clear action items and agreements which can be reviewed in subsequent meetings.
2. Action Plans
Action Plans track outcomes of coaching touch points, monitoring qualitative and quantitative measures of contributor improvement.
Action Plans can exist both within a coaching session for week-to-week assignment of deliverables, goals etc... OR they can exist outside of the Coaching Program cadence, tracking longer-term goals, initiatives or improvement projects.
Learn more about creating Action Plans here.
3. Shared & Private Notes
Coaching notes can either be Shared or Private, and can include an attachment.
- Shared notes are visible to admin, the respective manager who created the note, and the selected employee.
- Private notes are visible to admin and the respective manager who created the note. Private notes are not visible to the selected employee.
↳ Users with the Coaching: All Access Permission will be able to see Private notes unless the note is about themself.
All Notes can be viewed at once within the manage coaching view or on the User's Dashboard (coaching tab).
Learn more about creating Coaching Notes here.
4. Coaching History Timelines
If Coaching is enabled, every User and Managerial Dashboard will have a Coaching tab.
Those with System Admin permissions are able to access all User and Managerial Dashboards, but will only be able to view the Coaching tab on User and Managerial Dashboards if they also have "Coaching: All Access" permission.
Those with Manager permission are able to access the Coaching tab on their own Managerial Dashboard, their personal Dashboard, and on the Dashboards of Users they manage.
Users are able to access the Coaching tab only on their personal Dashboard.
From a User's or a Managerial dashboard, click the Coaching tab.
From the Coaching tab, a User and their Manager can view:
- Open Check-ins that are pending answers or review
- Historical Check-ins and their agendas
- Shared Coaching Notes and their attachments
- Open and Historical Action Plans and their agendas
- Ambition Asks