Why Utilize Ambition Coaching?
Coach reps and drive success. Ambition’s coaching platform is designed to help sales leaders drive actionable, metrics-driven conversations with reps, resulting in stronger relationships, increased productivity, and better performance.
Benefits of utilizing Ambition Coaching:
- Everyone knows that coaching is important, but nobody knows why. Tie rep and team performance directly to coaching programs to see the exact impact that coaching programs (and your time!) are having on performance.
- Make the most of your time together. Get answers to key questions in advance, look at rep performance and progress against goals without having to search for reports, and align on action plans.
- Action Plan alignment -- reps and managers leaves with the same, documented action items after the meeting. Zero confusion, total clarity.
- Coaching via post-it or spreadsheet -- papers get lost and you don’t remember what you talked about last time. Keeping coaching conversations in one place, tied to rep performance, lets you stay organized and spend more time developing your team -- not searching for reports, papers, and post-its.
Ambition Coaching Overview
Coaching is made up of 3 key components that work together. Check-Ins, Action Plans, & Notes.
- Check-Ins bring Managers and Contributors together in more data-driven, prepared and effective 1:1 coaching sessions. These can either be hosted through one-off check-ins or through recurring programs, which are essentially recurring check-ins.
- Action Plans track outcomes of coaching sessions, monitoring qualitative and quantitative measures of contributor improvement.
- Shared & Private Notes allow Managers to create shared notes with their employees or private notes for their own record keeping.
Coaching Timeline on Dashboard.
- Coaching History Timelines bring the 3 components of coaching together. Coaching timelines allow managers and employees to see their coaching history in one location. This includes open and historical Check-ins, Coaching Notes, and completed Action Plans.
A) One-Off Check-Ins
Managers can create One-off Check-ins that are either scheduled or completed in line (live). Additionally, these one-off check-ins can be added to an employee's existing coaching program to ensure that they are tracked in the coaching utilization reports.
Optionally, teams can create one-off check-in templates that can be used to quickly build a check-in.
B) Coaching Programs (Recurring Check-Ins)
Coaching Check-Ins can also be part of a Coaching Program. Those Programs are Manager or Theme based collections of recurring check-ins that share a common manager and participants.
- SDR Daily Update
- AE Weekly Update
- AE Monthly Pipeline Review
- Employee Quarterly Performance Review
Depending on your organization's coaching structure, Ambition offers two types of coaching programs:
- Single Programs: Built for a manager and their direct reports.
- Managed Programs: Top down approach, built for multiple managers and their teams.
Check-ins can be found via the left navigation > Coaching > Check Ins.
The amount of Check-ins found here will be dependent on Permissions. Check-ins can be filtered by Status so one can quickly navigate to the specific items that need addressing.
Each Coaching Session is generated for every Manager-to-Contributor relationship and repeated as desired in the Coaching Program.
Contributors receive an email at a designated time with each week's coaching questions. They answer and submit those questions before the scheduled 1:1. This ensures that contributors come to coaching sessions prepared and ready to dive right into important topics.
Access to Current and Historical Performance within a Check-In
During a Check-in, both Manager and Contributor have instant access to current KPIs, historical performance, Goals, Notes and outstanding deliverables.
From the Metrics tab within a Check-in, compare a User to a role or to a peer. Click Daily Average Trend to see a line graph of their performance.
Additionally, clicking the bar graph icon will bring up a full screen version of an analytics graph, with line, stacked area, and column graph modes.
After a Check-In, Managers can choose to rate or excuse and then close the Coaching Check-in which archives it for historical record.
2. Action Plans
Action Plans track outcomes of coaching touch points, monitoring qualitative and quantitative measures of contributor improvement.
Action Plans can exist both within a coaching session for week-to-week assignment of deliverables, goals etc... OR they can exist outside of the Coaching Program cadence, tracking longer-term goals, initiatives or improvement projects.
In an Action Plan you can add 5 types of deliverables:
- Question - Employee will be prompted to answer.
- Feedback - Employee will be prompted to acknowledge the manager's feedback.
- Poll - Simple 1-5 point scale.
- Goal - Employee will be tasked with completing the existing or newly created goal.
- External URL - Employee will be prompted to mark complete. Next, the Manager is prompted to approve the completion of the external URL (ex: training certificate).
Learn more about creating Action Plans here.
3. Shared & Private Notes
Coaching notes can either be Shared or Private, and can include an attachment.
- Shared notes are visible to both the manager & the selected employee.
- Private notes are visible to the manager, not the employee.
All Notes can be viewed at once within the manage coaching view or on the User's Dashboard (coaching tab).
Learn more about creating Coaching Notes here.
4. Coaching History Timelines
Every User and Managerial Dashboard has a Coaching tab. The tab may be hidden, based on the User's permissions and management settings. From a User's or a Managerial dashboard, click the Coaching tab.
From the Coaching tab, a User and their Manager can view:
- Open Check-ins that are pending answers or review
- Historical Check-ins and their agendas
- Shared Coaching Notes and their attachments
- Historical Action Plans and their agendas
- Ambition Asks