In order to complete these steps, you must:
- Be assigned Admin permissions in Ambition.
- Have an active, publicly accessible, SAML 2.0-enabled Identity Provider (IdP) service (Okta, Azure Active Directory, Active Directory, etc).
- If using a custom domain, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to have your domain whitelisted.
Benefits of Single Sign-On:
- Users authenticate into Ambition using company-managed credentials.
- Users already signed into company network will automatically be signed into Ambition.
- Ambition access will automatically be revoked once employees are removed from company-defined HRMS system.
Identity Provider Set Up
Configuring the Identity Provider (IdP)
See the reference below for configuring your IdP to work with Ambition, the new service provider (SP)
Name ID Format:
Replace SUBDOMAIN in the URLs above with your Ambition-assigned subdomain
Enable Single Sign-On
1. Open the left navigation and click Administration > People > Single Sign-On.
Don't see the Single Sign-On tab? If you have the Pro or Enterprise package, the feature can be enabled by any user with system Admin permissions. Left navigation > Administration > Features. Within the Manage Features interface, click on the Features tab. Locate the SAML/SSO feature, and toggle "On". Click the "Update Features" button to save.
2. Click the Enable Single Sign-On button.
3. Complete the form.
Integration Name: Defaults to SAML Authentication. Naming convention is up to your Organization
IdP Metadata URL: The publicly accessible URL where your IdP's metadata is hosted
If using a custom domain, reach out to email@example.com to have your domain whitelisted.
First Name SAML Attribute: The corresponding attribute name in your SAML response
Last Name SAML Attribute: The corresponding attribute name in your SAML response
Default User Time Zone: The corresponding default time zone your Organization uses
Automatically Create Ambition Accounts on Sync (Using Just-in-Time User Provisioning):
When enabled, Ambition will use a SAML assertion to create User accounts the first time the User attempts to log in to Ambition.
When disabled you must manually create accounts for desired users, otherwise they will be denied Ambition access upon initial login.
4. Click the Save button.