Below you'll find a short list of recommendations for TV hardware, followed by a troubleshooting guide for issues related to web browsers.
Displaying an Ambition TV
While the Ambition TV is responsive and will scale without distortion across any screen's size/ratio, we recommend a standard 1080p TV.
Select a Streaming Device
As of January 2017, we recommend using an Intel Compute Stick over a Google Chromecast. We've found the most reliable solution to be a dedicated machine running an Ambition TV.
Intel Compute Stick
Compute Sticks are completely self-contained computers slightly larger than a USB drive.
- Plugin Compute Stick to TV and setup wifi.
- Download Google Chrome.
- Navigate to Ambition and display TV.
Chromecasts are cheap ($35) and utilize an existing computer to stream content.
- Plugin Chromecast to TV and setup wifi.
- Navigate to desired Ambition TV from your computer. Click the Chromecast icon in the top right corner of the TV.
The ZOTAC solution includes full-size ethernet port for those that require hardwired solution.
Google Chrome Browser (Autoplay vs Play Button)
While Ambition is optimized for Chrome, an update to Chrome 66 on May 4, 2018 changed how anthems play on Ambition TVs. If your Chrome browser is blocking Ambition, click here to learn more.
If the Chromecast’s AutoPlay Policy is preventing the anthems from firing, you may need to change your settings.
While the Autoplay settings live outside of Ambition's control, we have had customers find success with changing the default setting here:
- Using Chrome, copy & past chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy directly into your Chrome browser.
- At the top of the page, change the Autoplay Policy from “Default” to “No User Gesture”.
Firefox 66 blocks all media with sound from playing automatically. If you want a website to automatically play media, you must give it permission using the method below. For additional context, please visit Firefox.