Ambition Fantasy Competitions
This guide is intended to be a helpful explanation of how a Fantasy Competition operates.
For a how-to guide on setting up Fantasy Competitions, click here.
Fantasy Competition Overview
Ambition's Fantasy Competitions are similar to "Fantasy Football" a widely popular format (75M players) within the United States. Fantasy is perfect for driving collaborative, long-term behavior.
Fantasy allows your organization to draft into teams and compete over a "season" comprised of weekly head-to-head matchups.
At the end of the "regular season" the top four competitors (determined by regular season wins + tie-breakers) will compete in a two week "Playoff" bracket, while the rest of the competitors participate in a consolation group.
Competitors are recognized for:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd: Determined by playoff bracket.
- Best of the Rest: Winner of the consolation bracket.
- Season MVP: Best individual contributor across entirety of competition.
A "Best of the Rest" title will be awarded to the winner of the consolation bracket if more than four competitors are involved.
A "Season MVP" title will be awarded if the Fantasy is a Group Based competition. User vs User competitions will not award a Season MVP as the Winner of the entire Competition will equate to the MVP.
Fantasy Competition Walkthrough
Fantasy requires at least 4 competitors.
Select a single or multiple Metrics for your competition. For your metrics, you can either use the value or assign points to determine each competitor's weekly score.
- Each Email = 1 Point
- Each Call = 2 Points
- Each Appointment Set = 10 Points
Best Practice Tips:
- It's important to choose a Metrics that are updated frequently enough to drive team behavior. We recommend that you select Metrics that are updated in Ambition at least hourly, with real-time Metrics being preferred.
- We recommend our multi-metric, normalized aggregate Activity Score. Using the Activity Score allows you to compete across cross functional roles (e.g. AEs & BDRs) or unbalanced teams.
- If you wish to compete on Objective Score you can only do so if your Organization's Objective Score time frame is set to Weekly.
The Regular Season consists of weekly head-to-head competitions. During setup, you select the duration of the competition by choosing how many weeks of Regular Season play to run. Keep in mind that every Fantasy competition is capped with 2 weeks of Playoffs.
The Regular Season Schedule is created by Ambition. No need for you to create a bracket!
Example: Assume we have 6 teams; Team A, Team B, Team C, Team D, Team E, Team F
Team A vs Team B
Team C vs Team D
Team E vs Team F
Team A vs Team F
Team B vs Team E
Team C vs Team D
... through Week 10
The top 4 competitors (determined by regular season wins + tie-breakers) will compete in a two week Playoff bracket. The Playoff bracket will not be visible until the end of the regular season.
Playoff Week 1:
Game 1: Seed 1 vs Seed 4
Game 2: Seed 2 vs Seed 3
Playoff Week 2 (Championship):
Winner of Game 1 vs Winner of Game 2
Loser of Game 1 vs Loser of Game 2
The remaining competitors will compete in a continuous two week Challenge, matching the length of the Playoffs, with the winner crowned "Best of the Rest".
Ready to play? Read up on How do I create a Fantasy Competition?
Still have questions? Check out the Frequently Asked Questions about Fantasy Competitions.