Create a Coaching Program
- You have the Coaching app enabled. If you don't believe you have Coaching enabled, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The creator of the Program or Action Plan must have the Coaching: Create Action Plan and/or Coaching: Create Program Permissions in Ambition.
- A Manager must be listed as at least 1 User's manager, through Groups Types and Groups, or directly via User Settings in order to connect Users to them.
Create a New Coaching Program
1. Access Coaching Programs via the quick actions button, Coach and Develop > Program, or through the left-hand navigation (Administration > Coaching > Programs).
2. Select the type of coaching program that you'd like to build: Single Program or Managed Program.
3. Complete the Create Program Form.
Template is only visible for single programs. If a coaching program template has been made available to you, it can be selected in this dropdown menu.
A name is required for the Coaching Program. We recommend names that incorporate the target contributors, topic of focus and frequency of check in.
- SDR Daily Update
- AE Weekly Update
- AE Monthly Pipeline Review
- Employee Quarterly Performance Review
A description is required. Simply describe the purpose of the Coaching Program
Establish the first Coaching Sessions by selecting a Start Date, Start Time and Time Zone.
The Day, Time and Time Zone are used to control when contributors are notified.
Frequency of Recurrence
Use the drop downs to select how often coaching sessions should be recreated.
Common cadences are:
- Daily (Every 1 Day)
- Weekly (Every 1 Week)
- Bi-Weekly (Every 2 Weeks)
- Quarterly (Every 3 Months)
Pro Tip: Want to schedule your Program to run on relative dates, for example the first Monday or the last Friday of the month? Set Repeat to "Month" and then select one of the options available.
Will this Coaching Program ever end? If so, select a date or number of occurrences to end after. If a date is selected, no new Coaching sessions will be created after. If a number of occurrences is selected, the Coaching Program will loop for that many iterations before stopping.
Select the Manager's Name from the dropdown who the Program is being created for and then click the Employees Dropdown.
You have 3 choices when selecting participants:
Employees Managed Within Specific Groups prompts you to select one or more Groups, which you manage to enroll in the Program.
Specific Employees I Manage prompts you to manually select which users you will enroll in the Program.
What questions will you ask your contributors? Questions can be required or optional.
If you're feeling stuck, we've compiled a Question Library to help get some ideas flowing.
Pro Tip: Want to rotate weekly questions? Build multiple coaching programs on alternating cadences to keep things fresh.
Managers can also poll their employees through the Poll agenda item. This simple set up allows users to answer questions on a likert (1-5 point) scale.
Example: On a scale from 1-5 (1=low & 5= high) what's your level of confidence in your product knowledge?
Attribution Metrics (optional)
Define up to three Metrics that you would like tracked/correlated for the duration of the Program.
Similar to defining an objective, if your Program has a specific purpose (and typically, an explicit start and end date) we recommend establishing attribution Metrics.
For example, if you're running an eight week Program around setting great appointments you can define "Appointments Held" and "Appointments Set" as your attribution metrics to determine the Program's effectiveness over time, per-person.
If you're running a standard, weekly check-in, it probably does not make sense to set attribution.
Note: Attribution Metrics cannot be changed once the Program is saved.
First, a baseline value is derived by taking the four-week metric average leading up to the Program's start date. Then for every recurring session a current value is derived by taking the last FULL week's metric average. The % difference is then calculated between the current and baseline value.
We do not recommend using metrics typically measured on a monthly/quarterly basis for attribution given the attribution's usage of weekly averages.
4. Click the green + Create Program button to save your Coaching Program.
Employees will be notified via an email upon creation with Coaching Program details. Additionally, employees will receive emails per recurrence at the day and time you've chosen.