Action Plans can be linked to 1:1 Check Ins or exist independently. This walkthrough will highlight creating an independent Action Plan.
- You have the Coaching app enabled. If you don't believe you have Coaching enabled, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The creator of the Action Plan must have Coaching: Create Action Plans Permissions in Ambition.
Create an Action Plan
1. Open the left navigation and click Coaching > Action Plans.
2.Click the green Create Action Plan button.
3. Complete the Create Action Plan form:
Due Date: When the Action Plan must be completed. The employee has until the end of the day.
Employee: The Ambition User that is responsible for completing the Action Plan.
The following Action Plan Items are available:
An Ambition Goal for the employee to complete. Completing the Goal will automatically mark the Action Plan Item as complete. If the Goal is completed but then updated and the target is no longer reached it will automatically revert the Action Plan Item to be incomplete.
A question for the employee to answer.
Employee View of Question Action Plan Item
A link to a third-party item; for example, a LMS module. The employee will be responsible for marking this Action Plan Item as complete.
Employee View of External URL Action Plan Item
4. Click the green Create Action Plan button to save.
- On Creation: The Employee will be notified upon creation of Action Plan.
- On Completion: Both the Employee and Manager will be notified upon completion of Action Plan.
- On Expiration: Both the Employee and Manager will be notified after the Due Date if the Action Plan was not completed.