New Coaching Sessions (and subsequently, each employee's Check-In) will be generated based on a Program's cadence.
The Manager, Contributor, and Ambition Admin can see the shared Coaching Sessions. While Admin will not directly interact, they can access the Coaching Check-ins as an "Observer" if they desire.
How does an Employee Interact with Coaching?
Employees will be notified both in-product and via email when a new Check-In is available to be completed.
They will then navigate to the Check-In within Ambition where they will:
- Answer the Program's questions
- Optionally leave comments for additional context or questions
- Click the green Check Mark to complete
After the Employee has marked the Program as complete, the Program's Owner will be notified both in-product and via email that the Check-In is ready for review and approval.
How do Managers Interact with Coaching?
Managers will be notified both in-product and via email when an employee's Check-In is ready for review and approval.
They will then navigate to the Check-In where they will have the options to:
- review the answers
- provide a rating that is visible to both employee and manager
- excuse the check in if necessary
- optionally leave comments (No notification is sent upon leaving comment)
- either click the Conversation Bubble to Request Feedback or the green Check Mark to complete
Requesting feedback typically corresponds with leaving comments where a manager will ask for additional clarification or details. The employee will be notified that the Check-In has been reviewed but has not been approved.
Upon clicking Complete the employee will be notified that the Check-In has been reviewed and has been approved.
Check in Rating
Clicking the blue Star button will allow a Manager to Rate or Excuse a respective Check-in.
There are four different ratings that can be assigned to a Check In:
- Exceeded Expectation (Score of 3)
- Met Expectation (Score of 2)
- Below Expectation (Score of 1)
- Did Not Complete (Score of 0)
A Check In can be marked Excused as necessary; for example, when an employee is on vacation.
Search for Coaching Check Ins
1. Open the left navigation and click Coaching > Check Ins.
Here managers and employees will see all coaching sessions that are applicable to their user account.
- Managers will see all check ins that they host and, if applicable, any check ins that they are personally required to do with their corresponding supervisor.
- Employees will be shown a list of their personal check ins, listed by date and status.
To begin your search, click the blue Filters button.
Managers can search for Check Ins through the following methods:
- Owner: Search for managers or admins who own the check in.
- Open: Action is required either from the manager or employee before it's complete.
- Pending: Waiting for the manager to review the employees response.
- Complete: Signed-off by both parties.
- Excused: Excused by the manager, for events like vacations.
- All: Pulls in all check ins, regardless of status.
- Rating: Search for completed check ins based on employees performance:
- Exceeded Expectation
- Met Expectation
- Below Expectation
- Did Not Complete
- Program: Search for check ins by program name.
- Search Notes: Search through your private notes from previous check ins.