Ambition Coaching Overview
Coaching is made up of 3 key components that work together: Check-Ins, Action Plans, & Notes.
- Check-Ins bring Managers and Contributors together in more data-driven, prepared and effective 1:1 coaching sessions. These can either be hosted through one-off check-ins or through recurring programs, which are essentially recurring check-ins.
- Action Plans track outcomes of coaching sessions, monitoring qualitative and quantitative measures of contributor improvement.
- Shared & Private Notes allow Managers to create shared notes with their employees or private notes for their own record keeping.
Coaching Timeline on Dashboard.
- Coaching History Timelines bring the 3 components of coaching together. Coaching timelines allow managers and employees to see their coaching history in one location. This includes open and historical Check-ins, Coaching Notes, and completed Action Plans.
A) One-Off Check-Ins
Managers can create one-off check-ins that are either scheduled or completed in line (live). Additionally, these one-off check-ins can be added to an employee's existing coaching program to ensure that they are tracked in the coaching utilization reports.
Optionally, teams can create one-off check-in templates that can be used to quickly build a check-in.
Learn more about creating One-off Check-ins here.
B) Coaching Programs (Recurring Check-Ins)
Coaching Check-Ins can also be is part of a Coaching Program. Those Programs are Manager or Theme based collections of recurring check-ins that share a common manager and participants.
- SDR Daily Update
- AE Weekly Update
- AE Monthly Pipeline Review
- Employee Quarterly Performance Review
Learn more about creating Coaching Programs here.
Check-ins can be found via the left navigation > Coaching > Check Ins.
The amount of Check-ins found here will be dependent on Permissions. Check-ins can be filtered by Status so one can quickly navigate to the specific items that need addressing.
Each Coaching Session is generated for every Manager-to-Contributor relationship and repeated as desired in the Coaching Program.
Contributors receive an email at a designated time with each week's coaching questions. They answer and submit those questions before the scheduled 1:1. This ensures that contributors come to coaching sessions prepared and ready to dive right into important topics.
Access to Current and Historical Performance within a Check-In
During a Check-in, both Manager and Contributor have instant access to current KPIs, historical performance, goals, notes and outstanding deliverables.
From the Metrics tab within a Check-in, compare a User to a role or to a peer. Click Daily Average Trend to see a line graph of their performance.
Additionally, clicking the bar graph icon will bring up a full screen version of an analytics graph, with line, stacked area, and column graph modes.
After a Check-In, Managers can choose to rate or excuse and then close the Coaching Check-in which archives it for historical record.
Action Plans track outcomes of coaching touch points, monitoring qualitative and quantitative measures of contributor improvement.
Action Plans can exist both within a coaching session for week-to-week assignment of deliverables, goals etc... OR they can exist outside of the Coaching Program cadence, tracking longer-term goals, initiatives or improvement projects.
In an Action Plan you can add 5 types of deliverables:
- Question - Employee will be prompted to answer.
- Feedback - Employee will be prompted to acknowledge the manager's feedback.
- Poll - Simple 1-5 point scale.
- Goal - Employee will be tasked with completing the existing or newly created goal.
- External URL - Employee will be prompted to mark complete. Next, the Manager is prompted to approve the completion of the external URL (ex: training certificate).
Learn more about creating Action Plans here.
3. Shared & Private Notes
Coaching notes can either be Shared or Private, and can include an attachment.
- Shared notes are visible to admin, the respective manager who created the note, and the selected employee.
- Private notes are visible to admin and the respective manager who created the note. Private notes are not visible to the selected employee.
↳ All admin and any managers with the Coaching: All Access Permission will be able to see Private notes unless the note is about themself.
All notes can be viewed at once within the manage coaching view.
Learn more about creating Coaching Notes here.
4. Coaching History Timelines
Every User and Managerial Dashboard has a Coaching tab. The tab may be hidden based on the permissions of the viewing user. From a User's or a Managerial dashboard, click the Coaching tab.
Coaching Timelines include:
- Open Check-ins that are pending answers or review
- Historical Check-ins and their agendas
- Shared Coaching Notes and their attachments
- Historical Action Plans and their agendas
- Ambition Asks