Coaching to Meet your Team's Needs
Coaching is made up of 3 key components that work together: Check-Ins, Action Plans, & Notes.
- Check-Ins bring managers and employee together in more data-driven, prepared and effective 1:1 coaching sessions. These can either be hosted through one-off check-ins or through recurring programs, which are essentially recurring check-ins.
- Action Plans track outcomes of coaching sessions, monitoring qualitative and quantitative measures of contributor improvement.
- Shared & Private Notes allow managers to create shared notes with their employees or private notes for their own record keeping.
- Coaching History Timelines allow managers and employees to see their coaching history in one location. This includes open and historical check-ins, coaching notes, and completed action plans.
A) One-Off Check-Ins
Managers can create one-off check-ins that are either scheduled or completed in line (live). Additionally, these one-off check-ins can be added to an employee's existing coaching program to ensure that they are tracked in the coaching utilization reports.
Optionally, teams can create one-off check-in templates that can be used to quickly build a check-in.
Check out: How do I create one-off Check-Ins?
B) Coaching Programs (Recurring Check-Ins)
Each Coaching Check-In is part of a Coaching Program. Those Programs are Manager or Theme based collections of recurring check-ins that share a common manager and participants.
- SDR Daily Update
- AE Weekly Update
- AE Monthly Pipeline Review
- Employee Quarterly Performance Review
Each Coaching Session is generated for every Manager-to-Employee relationship and repeated as desired in the Coaching Program.
Employees receive an email at a designated time with each week's coaching questions. They answer and submit those questions before the scheduled 1:1. This ensures that contributors come to coaching sessions prepared and ready to dive right into important topics.
Access to Current and Historical Performance within a Check In
From the metrics tab within a check-in, compare a user to a role or to a peer. Click Trend to see a line graph of their performance:
Within the metrics tab, clicking the bar graph icon will bring up a full screen version of an analytics graph, with line, stacked area, and column graph modes:
During a session, both manager and employee have instant access to current KPIs, historical performance, goals, private notes and outstanding deliverables.
After a Check-In, managers can choose to rate or excuse and then close the Coaching Session which archives it for historical record.
Check out: How do I create a Coaching Program?
Action Plans track outcomes of coaching sessions, monitoring qualitative and quantitative measures of contributor improvement.
Action plans can exist both within a coaching session for week-to-week assignment of deliverables, goals etc... OR they can exist outside of the Coaching Program cadence, tracking longer-term goals, initiatives or improvement projects.
In an Action Plan you can add 5 types of deliverables:
- Question - Employee will be prompted to answer.
- Feedback - Employee will be prompted to acknowledge the manager's feedback.
- Poll - Simple 1-5 point scale.
- Goal - Employee will be tasked with completing the existing or newly created goal.
- External URL - Employee will be prompted to mark complete. Next, the Manager is prompted to approve the completion of the external URL (ex: training certificate).
Check out: How do I create Action Plans?
3. Shared & Private Notes
Coaching notes can either be Shared or Private, and can include an attachment.
- Shared notes are visible to both the manager & the selected employee.
- Private notes are visible to the manager, not the employee.
All notes can be viewed at once within the manage coaching view.
Check out: How do I create Coaching Notes for my reps?
4. Coaching History Timelines
Every dashboard has a coaching tab. This tab is either hidden or shown, based on the user's permissions and management settings. From the user or managerial dashboard, click the Coaching tab:
From the coaching tab, a user and their manager can view:
- Open check-ins that are pending answers or review
- Historical check-ins and their agendas
- Shared coaching notes and their attachments
- Historical action plans and their agendas
Check out: Coaching Timelines