Ambition Coaching is composed of Check-ins, Action Plans, and Notes. If and when your Organization involves you in Coaching, we want you to feel comfortable accessing and navigating Ambition Coaching.
How will I know I have a Check-In to complete?
If and when your Admin and Managers involve you in a Coaching Program or one-off Check-in, you will be notified both in app and via email.
See examples of Coaching Emails here.
In-App Ambition Notification (Navigation)
Access and Complete Check-Ins
1. You can access check-ins from the left navigation and click Coaching > Check-Ins, or from a user's dashboard (Coaching tab).
2. Click the View button on the respective Check-In you need to complete.
3. Complete the Check-in's required questions. Optionally leave comments in-line for additional context or questions.
Note: The Check-in does not have to be completed in a single sitting. You can work through the check-in as time permits. However, be sure to save your progress after completing any items!
You can also view your Ambition Metrics. Any Goals, Notes, and Action Plans associated to this Check-in are also visible within the Check-in.
4. Click the green Mark Complete button when all items have been completed.
5. The Program's Owner will be notified both in Ambition and via email that your Check-in is ready for review and approval.
Your Manager can opt to request feedback or approve the Check-in. You will receive notification of either action.
Search for Check Ins
From your personal Dashboard, click on the Coaching tab. Here you can find open Check-ins, historical Check-ins, Coaching Notes from your Manager, and any historical Action Plans.
Additionally, you can find all Check-ins via:
1. Open the left navigation and click Coaching > Check-Ins.
2. Click the Filters, , button in the upper right.
3. Search for the respective Check in by Status, Rating, or Program Name.
Due Date: Newest - sorts the check-ins newest to oldest
Due Date: Oldest - sorts the check-ins oldest to newest
Search for managers or admins who own the check in.
Search for the employee who is responsible for completing the agenda items.
All: Show all records.
Open: Action is required either from the manager or employee before it's complete.
Due: Waiting for the employees response.
Pending: Waiting for review from the manager.
Complete: Completed by both parties.
Expired: Due date passed before being completed by both parties.
If Expired but stills needs to be completed, the check-in can be reopened by the check-in's owner.
Excused: Excused by the manager, for events like vacations.
Scheduled: This filter will only show upcoming one-off check-ins. Recurring program check-ins are made available just-in-time, and will be shown in the open filter.
Search for check-ins by their average rating. If there are multiple rating categories, this filter will show the average rating for each check-in. For example:
Preparedness = 5
Search for check ins by program name.
Search through your private & shared notes that were attached to previous check ins.
How will I know I am involved in an Ambition Action Plan?
If and when your Admin and Managers involve you in an Action Plan, you will be notified via email:
On Creation: you will be notified upon creation of Action Plan.
On Completion: Both you and your Manager will be notified upon completion of Action Plan.
On Expiration: You and your Manager will be notified after the Due Date if the Action Plan was not completed.
See examples of Coaching Emails here.
Access and Complete an Action Plan
1. Open the left navigation and click Coaching > Action Plans.
2. Click View on the respective Action Plan you need to complete.
3. Complete and/or address the respective items included in your Action Plan.
Note: The Action Plan does not have to be completed in a single sitting. You can work through the plan as time permits. Be sure to save your answers (Step 4) after completing any items!
Your Action Plan can contain a combination of Questions, Feedback, Polls, Ambition Goals, External URLs, and File Uploads.
Optionally leave comments in-line with your responses to provide more context.
4. Click the green Save Answers button to submit your Action Plan.