Salesforce Meta Fields
What are Meta Fields in Ambition?
Simply put, Metadata is data about data.
Meta Fields are fields from Salesforce that are not a part of Metric logic, but are desired for Ambition to query and store.
Meta Fields allow you to display elements like Account or Opportunity Name, that while not needed for Metric logic, can be displayed across Ambition for extra context.
Add Meta Fields
1. Open the left navigation and click Administration > Data > Integrations.
2. Click the Settings button to enter the Salesforce Integration.
3. Click on Data Configuration.
4. If Objects have been synced or Metrics built previously, you will be able to view the Objects and Fields that Ambition is querying and storing.
If this is the first time accessing the Data Configuration page, you will see only the User Object. You will need to add Objects first before adding Meta Fields.
In the image above, the Task Object has been synced with Ambition.
If you need to sync additional Objects, click the Add Object button.
Note that adding meta fields is not associated with creating metrics. If you haven't synced any Objects to build metrics yet, start there! Meta fields can be added later for additional context.
In this example, we will add the field Opportunity Name.
5. Click the Edit button in line with the Object you'd like to add Meta Fields for.
Note about Meta Fields for Workflow Messages
If the field you are attempting to add as a meta field is a Lookup field, ex. Record Type ID, SDR, Ambition will receive the actual ID instead of the text that's visible in Salesforce.
In order to display the text version of the field, a new field will need to be created in Salesforce, ex. Record Type Name, SDR Name Text.
6. Select the field(s) you desire to add a Meta Fields, by searching for and clicking on the desired field(s) name.
Both the field name and the field's API name are shown in the example below, Name is the field's name as it will appear in Salesforce, Name is also the API name of the field.
If you are unable to locate the field you are wishing to add, click the Sync Fields button on the respective Object, then select Edit and attempt to search again.
7. Click the Submit button.
8. Once the field is displaying on the Data Configuration page, click Sync Fields > Sync Object, to ensure the field is ready to be used across Ambition.
Note: If you are adding new Meta Fields to an existing Workflows Message, you will need to reselect the appropriate Object in Step 2. Metric Record Settings of a Workflows's setup.