What are Meta Fields in Ambition?
Meta Fields are fields from Salesforce that are not a part of Metric logic, but are desired for Ambition to query and store.
Meta Fields allow you to display elements like Account or Opportunity Name, that while not needed for Metric logic, wish to be displayed across Ambition.
Add Meta Fields
1. Open the left navigation and click Administration > Data > Integrations.
2. Click the Settings button to enter the Salesforce Integration.
3. Click the Data Configuration tab.
4. If Objects have been synced or Metrics built previously, you will be able to view the Objects and Fields that Ambition is querying and storing.
If this is the first time accessing the Data Configuration page, you will see only the User Object. You will need to import Objects first before adding Meta Fields.
In the image above, the Account Object has been synced with Ambition.
If you need to sync additional Objects, click the green Sync Object button.
In this example, we will add the field Account Name.
5. Click the blue Edit button in line with the Object you'd like to add Meta Fields for.
6. Select the field(s) you desire to add a Meta Fields, by searching for and clicking on the circle next to the field's name. The count of Available vs Selected fields will appear at the top.
Then click the green Submit button.
The newly added Meta Field will then appear on your Data Configuration page and can be used within Ambition.
Note: If you are adding new Meta Fields to an existing Trigger Message, you will need to reselect the appropriate Object in Step 4. Logic of a Trigger's setup.