Salesforce Sandbox Setup
You will not be able to transfer anything created in Sandbox to Production. We offer Sandbox support strictly for testing the installation process.
Install Ambition into a Salesforce Sandbox
Prerequisites for Install
- Email email@example.com requesting a Sandbox install so that the Ambition Support Team can make the necessary change to your default configuration.
- Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited Edition
- Salesforce System Administrator License
Wish to install using a headless user? Lean more here.
1. Log in to your Ambition instance.
2. Open the left navigation and click Administration > Data > Integrations.
3. Under Available Integrations, click the Enable Integration button in line with the Salesforce Integration.
Once enabled, the Salesforce Integration will appear under Active Integrations at the top of the page.
4. Click the Settings button to enter the Salesforce Integration.
5. Click on Installation/Authentication.
6. Click the Install App button.
7. Click the Download for Sandbox button.
8. When prompted, enter your Salesforce Sandbox credentials.
↳ Verify the installing user's language settings. Ambition will sync translated Salesforce field names and API names if applicable.
9. Set Security Level to "Install for Admins Only" and click Install.
10. Approve Third-Party Access with a checkmark and click Continue.
Note: You cannot proceed until the Ambition support team has responded to your initial email in Step #1 saying that the configuration has been updated for Sandbox authorization.
11. Once installed, return to Installation/Authentication within Ambition and click the Authorize API button.
12. Click Allow when prompted. You will be redirected back to Ambition once authorization is complete. This authorization process might take ~1 minute.
Successful Install and Authorization will be signaled by Status: Connected and all steps under Salesforce Initialization Status displaying with a green indicator.