Histogram is a data visualization mode that lets you view the distribution of data across any level of the Organization.
Quickly view who your top, middle, or low performers are for any Metric, so that you can further engage, motivate, and inspire your team to achieve their goals.
Access the Histogram
1. Access Analytics via the quick actions button, Analytics and Alerts > Analytics, or through the left navigation, Reporting > Analytics.
2. Click the Filters button to slide out the filter panel.
3. Once the filter panel is open, select Histogram from the Mode dropdown.
If you'd like to change the Metric, Time Frame, or Hierarchy shown, click the Filters button.
a. Select the Time Frame that you are wanting to view data across:
Time Frames Options include:
*Selecting Custom will allow you to choose a specific Start date through a calendar picker.
A custom End Date can be selected as well.
If a Custom start date is not selected, also update the Length of time you'd wish to view.
Select between 1-100 units of time.
As well as selecting either Today or a Custom Ending time.
*Selecting Custom will allow you to choose a specific End date through a calendar picker.
b. Select the Metric you wish to analyze by clicking the dropdown under Metric.
c. Select the appropriate Hierarchy Level for the data you are looking to analyze.
Read more about Ambition Hierarchy Levels here.
Hierarchy Level will only feature the User option.
Use the selection types to filter the exact users you are desiring to view data for.
Selection Type will display options of All, Within, Custom.
Is this data for Users > All? Users > Within > BDR Role? Users > Custom > Joe Smith?
5. To reflect your filter changes on the Histogram, select the green Apply Filters button. This will reload your Histogram report using the newly selected filters.
6. To view the top, middle, and low performers are for the selected Metric, search for team members by name OR click directly into one of the vertical colored bars.
Save Histogram Reports
Instead of bookmarking frequently visited reports, you can save them directly in Ambition.
1. Once you're happy with your filters and visualization mode, click the Reports button.
2. Click + Save Report.
3. Name your report and click the green Save button.
All saved reports can be reaccessed through the Reports button.
Export Histogram Data
Due to the dynamic display of the Histogram, the colored bars and tables are not inherently exportable from Ambition.
However a report displaying the raw metric values could be exported in CSV form via Ambition's Spreadsheet reporting utilizing the same filters for Time Range, Metric, and Hierarchy.
If the colored bars and tables are a necessity (we adore them ourselves!), we recommend taking a screen shot of the needed Histogram!