Histogram reporting is a data visualization mode that lets you view the distribution of data across any level of the organization.
Quickly view who your top, middle, or low performers are for any metric, so that you can further engage, motivate, and inspire your team to achieve their goals.
Access Histogram Reporting
1. Click the left navigation and click Analytics.
2. From the analytics' home page, you can open any previously saved reports or open a new report type.
Select Histogram from the Explore Data and Create New Reports dropdown menu and click Explore Data.
If you'd like to change the Metric, Time Frame, or Hierarchy shown, click the Filters icon, .
a. Select the Time Frame that you are wanting to view data across.
Note: UTC is used as the time standard when using Time Frame selections. To view data in your respective time zone or across several time zones, we recommend using the Custom option.
Time Frames Options include:
- Year - at the current time, data for up to 3 years can be viewed
*Selecting Custom will allow you to choose a specific Start date through a calendar picker.
A custom End Date can be selected as well.
At the current time, the custom time frame option can display data for a time range of up to 3 years. ex. January 1st, 2020- January 1st, 2023.
If a Custom start date is not selected, also update the Length of time you'd wish to view.
Select between 1-100 units of time.
As well as selecting either Today or a Custom Ending time.
*Selecting Custom will allow you to choose a specific End date through a calendar picker.
b. Select the Metric you wish to analyze by clicking the dropdown under Metric.
c. Select the appropriate Hierarchy Level for the data you are looking to analyze.
Read more about Ambition Hierarchy Levels here.
Hierarchy Level will only feature the User option.
Use the selection types to filter the exact users you are desiring to view data for.
Selection Type will display options of All, Within, Custom.
Is this data for Users > All? Users > Within > BDR Role? Users > Custom > Joe Smith?
Special Note When Using the User > Within > "Manager" Hierarchy Level In Cases where a Manager Manages other Managers.
If Manager A is listed as a Manager B's manager within their User Settings, any employees that roll up to Manager B will also be considered as users Manager A manages.
4. Select the Apply Filters button to update the Histogram with your filter changes. Applying filters will reload your Histogram report with the newly selected filters.
5. To view the top, middle, and low performers are for the selected Metric, search for team members by name OR click directly into one of the vertical colored bars to view the User's in that range.