What's new in Q2 at Ambition?
The Ambition team works to improve our platform every day. These updates include everything from major improvements down to the smallest bug fixes. Each week we'll organize those changes by new, improvements, and bugs. If you have additional suggestions for improvement, please let us know.
Be on the look out for new release notes every Friday morning! Click here for Q1-2019.
June 21, 2019
- Create Goals Directly in a Check In or an Action Plan: Save time & clicks by building a new goal directly within an employee's check in or directly in a new Action Plan. Learn more here.
- Improved Goal & Action Plan Forms: Both the Goal & Action Plan builder forms have been converted to a new multi step wizard. These forms improve the user experience and simplify the creation process.
- View Competitions in Salesforce Sidebar Widget: Within the Salesforce Sidebar Widget users can toggle between their Activity Score, Objective Score, Metrics, and now Competitions!
- Analytics - Spreadsheet Time Series: Within the daily Time Series mode of Analytics, weekend columns were previously hidden if they did not show any data. This has been updated so that all daily columns are shown.
- Accolade Achievement Filters: The Time Frame filter has been updated to bring in all achievements earned with the day, week, month, or quarter of the selected date.
June 14, 2019
- Better Visibility into Prizes: With last week's update to Competitions the Challenge Overview Dashboard did not display prizes for the top three finishers. This has been updated and prizes are now visible within the Game Details section.
- Better Sorting of Columns in Tables: Administrator tables for Triggers, Metrics, and Competitions have been updated to facilitate better sorting of data. Columns headers that can be sorted are highlighted upon mouse hover, while columns that cannot be sorted are no longer clickable.
- Analytics Graph - Metric Selector: Within graph, quadrant, and histogram modes, the metric selector window has been updated. The new checkboxes for each metric disappear after three metrics are selected. This update fixes a bug that would automatically select all metrics (select all is available in spreadsheet mode).
June 7, 2019
- Multi-Metric & Points-Based Competitions - This week we launched our new competitions' engine which supports multi-metric & points-based scoring methodology for both challenges and fantasy formats. Click here to learn more.
- Coaching Recurrence for Edited Programs - When a coaching program is updated, the new change now takes effect immediately. Previously, the change would not affect the upcoming check-in, waiting until the 2nd check-in in line.
May 31, 2019
- Metric TV Slide: This new TV slide highlights a person, role, team, or organization's performance towards any 3 metrics. Within the slide type, select 'Entity' from the dropdown menu. Pick your team and their metrics to display on a TV. Click here to learn how.
- Coaching Check-In Email: The email that is sent to employees and managers for coaching check-ins has been updated to take the user directly to the check-in that the email is referencing. This greatly improves the user experience and coaching efficiency.
- Productivity Quadrant on Dashboard: The productivity quadrant found on an organization or team dashboard has been improved to show all outliers. With the introduction of our new Analytics platform, you can now search for users in the Productivity tab or navigate to Analytics to customize your quadrant report.
- TV Slide 10 Second Duration: Within the TV slide editor, a very short time duration has been added for 10 second slides.
- User Dashboard Update: With the introduction of multi-metric competitions, user dashboards were updated to show current matchups and scores. These can now be found on a user's dashboard, below their goals. Today this update is only visible to customers who are participating in the Early Access Program for Competitions.
- Scorecard Builder Analytics: Within a role's scorecard editor, the analytics button for the Objective Score has been fixed. This allows users to view a histogram for the role in question.
May 24, 2019
- Transparent Metric Spot Checker: The details section in the metric spot checker was being shown with a transparent background which was difficult to view. This has been fixed.
May 17, 2019
- Analytics Group Selector: The hierarchy selector in Analytics was timing out when you removed a group from the data structure. This has been fixed.
- Analytics Spreadsheet Sorting: In spreadsheet mode, clicking on a column header stopped sorting the data from high-to-low. This has been fixed.
- Transparent Dashboard Details: The details section of a user's dashboard were being shown with a transparent background which was difficult to view. This has been fixed.
- Triggers Automatically Adding Notifications: Upon saving a new trigger, two custom email address fields were automatically populating in the form. This has been fixed.
May 10, 2019
- Analytics Custom Date Selector: When a user selected a custom time frame from the calendar picker, the report would time out. This has been fixed.
- Coaching Utilization Report: Some users were receiving a 500 error when they tried to download the coaching utilization report. This has been fixed.
May 3, 2019
- Multi-Metric & Points-Based Competitions: Today we're excited to announce the Early Access Program for a new Competition's engine. If you'd like to learn more or are interested in participating, please click here.
- Salesforce Sidebar Widget: The new Salesforce Sidebar widget has a new look and feel, as well as added support for Managers to see their team's performance. Under your Ambition settings, you can set your preferred 'Landing Page.' Your selection will automatically show up in your 'Ambition Widget' in Salesforce.
- Accolades Builder, Best Practices: An in-app link found in the Accolades builder has been updated to forward administrators to our best practices documentation. The link was previously broken.
April 19, 2019
- Coaching Program Templates: Program Templates are true to the term template. Admins build out the structure (questions, metrics, objectives, etc.) of the coaching program, and then managers can select this template to begin their coaching sessions. Click Here to learn how to drive scalable coaching at your organization.
- Trigger Search Bar + Filters: Users can now search for specific triggers by name, creator, and/or type on the Trigger Management page. This customer request makes it easier for large teams to manage their trigger base.
- Leaderboard - Select Multiple Entities: Now within the Leaderboard's filters, you can select multiple entities (users, roles, groups, or teams). This allows managers to look at performance across a single metric for any cross-section of the organization.
- Skip Blank TV Slides: Accolade, anniversary, & birthday slides will now be skipped from showing on a live TV if they are blank.
- Analytics Hierarchy Filter: On 4/15/19 we were notified of a bug that hid the Hierarchy Level filter in Analytics.This is now working correctly.
- Add New Users: On 4/15/19 we were notified of a bug that prevented the Add New User page from loading. This is now working correctly.
April 12, 2019
- Search Saved Reports - Users can now search through their saved reports by report name, owner name, mode, spreadsheet data type, and graph chart type. This improvement also adds pagination for users with more than 25 saved reports.
- Accolade Image Update - Users who achieve an accolade will now see the image of the accolade on their personal dashboard, instead of their own profile photo next to the award.
- Analytics End Date: In Analytics reporting the ‘End Date’ selection of ‘Today’ has been fixed to recalculate upon selection. Selecting ‘Today’ will include the current day’s partial data. To exclude the current day’s data, select ‘Custom’ to pick yesterday’s date from the calendar.
April 5, 2019
- Export Graphs in Analytics - Users can now export an image of a rendered graph as a .png file for use in presentations or reviews. This is added functionality to the ability to export spreadsheets as a .csv file. The screenshot below shows the new 'Download Image' button in green.
- Select All Metrics in Analytics Spreadsheet - In spreadsheet mode's metric selector, only the first 25 metrics (listed alphabetically) were showing up in the dropdown list. Therefore, the 'Select All' button would only select the first 25 metrics. Now, users can either scroll through the first 100 metrics or select all for a comprehensive report.
- Goal Progress Bar - A bug was fixed with the progress bar shown in goals. The progress bar would not display when the value had unique characters, like '1k'. This has been corrected.