The Ambition Leaderboard and TV Leaderboard allow you to toggle between Value (absolute) ranking and Percent-to-Target (relative) ranking.
Relative rankings are derived from the Percent to Activity and Objective Targets that have been set through Ambition Scorecards.
Percent-to-Target Leaderboards are great for visualizing employee performance while taking into account individual metric targets!
Your Organization has established Scorecards within Ambition.
Access Percent-to-Target Leaderboards
1. Open the left navigation and click the Leaderboard tab.
2. Click the Filters icon in the upper right to access the filters pane.
- Metric - Select a single Metric. Any Metric that's used on a Scorecard within your Organization's account can be used here.
- Time Frame - The time frame options will be heavily dependent on the Scorecard time frames your Organization utilizes.
↳ If Custom is selected as the Time Frame, additional Start and End Time filters will display. Note that using custom time frames may not deliver the % to Target functionality you are desiring to see. Learn more about % to Target time frames here.
Note: A Week in Ambition is Monday - Sunday. Quarters are based on Calendar Quarters not Fiscal Quarters.
- Type - User must be selected to utilize Percent-to-Target leaderboard!
- Include Records Without Data - Include Users even if they haven't contributed to the selected metric. Users without data will display on the Leaderboard, but have two dashes instead of a numerical value and/or progress bar aside their name.
- If User was selected in the Type filter, Filter by Group - Refine the Leaderboard by comparing individuals within the same Role, Team, or Location. Learn more about Ambition's Hierarchy Levels here.
- Search - Search for a term based on the Type being filtered. Ex. Type = User, Search for User's Names.
3. Select Percent-to-Target from the Rank By dropdown.
4. Optionally, Percent-to-Target Leaderboards can be utilized on a Leaderboard TV slide as well.
What is shown on a Percent-To-Target Leaderboard?
Percent-to-Target Leaderboards showcase a User's relative ranking rather than absolute.
A Percent-to-Target Leaderboard will showcase a User's name and image as well as their respective progress towards the targets set on their Scorecard.
Diego has a daily Activity Score Target of 6 Appointments Set.
Currently Diego has set 1 out of the 6 which is 17% to the daily target.
Why are relative rankings helpful?
We LOVE to recognize Users for their efforts, and solely utilizing absolute value rankings can leave out part of the picture.
In the example below we see Janet ranked in first at 98% to target. Janet has made 39 Calls today.
Juan is ranked in fifth at 57% to target. Juan has made 46 Calls today.
In an absolute rank Dashboard, Juan would appear above Janet as 46 is higher than 39.
By using relative ranking, Janet can be recognized for hustling on the phones and moving towards the daily personalized target set for Calls!
What do I need to know before using a Percent-to-Target Leaderboard?
Before diving in to Percent-to-Target Leaderboards, it's very helpful to know the respective Time Frames your Organization utilizes for Activity (daily or weekly) and Objective (weekly, monthly, or quarterly) Scores, so you can quickly select the appropriate Leaderboard Time Frames as well.
You can verify the time frames used for Activity and Objective Scores by viewing a Dashboard.
As mentioned in the helpful tip above, knowing your Organization's Activity and Objective Score time frames will help direct you towards viewing the correct Leaderboard time frames as well.
Example in image:
If Today's Activities is listed that means your company utilizes a Daily Activity Score.
Select Today or Yesterday Leaderboard Time Frames.
Here is a table of all Scorecard options and their Time Frames:
|Activity and/or Objective Score||Leaderboard Time Frame to Select|
|Daily||Today or Yesterday|
|Weekly||This Week or Last Week|
|Monthly||This Month or Last Month|
|Quarterly||This Quarter or Last Quarter|
Revenue is part of User's Monthly Objective Scores.
Percent-to-Target values will only be seen when a Time Frame of This Month or Last Month is selected.
Revenue is not part of User's Daily Activity Score.
No data will be shown since no Scorecard targets exist for the Metric and Time Frame selected.
Exception to the above blank view, if the filter Include Users Without Data is toggled to Yes, you will see two dashes in line with users instead of the blank screen to still indicate a lack of data.
What about Activity and Objective Score?
The only metrics that do not need a target set, but can be viewed when Percent-to-Target is selected are Activity and Objective Score themselves. No percent-to-target progress bar will render, but the Score's value will display instead.
Activity and Objective Score, while scored on set time frames, will be averaged when viewed across larger time frames.
Ex. Daily Activity Score selected with a time frame of This Month. Each individual daily Activity Score will be averaged over the course of the month.