Import Scorecard Targets
Your Organization has established Scorecards within Ambition.
What are Scorecard Templates?
Scorecard Templates offer the ability to mass update, through .CSV file upload, individual Scorecard Targets for Ambition Users.
Why would I need to mass upload Scorecard Targets?
Ambition has long offered the ability to individualize Metric Targets that are a part of Scorecards in order to match the needs of your Organization.
Need to build in new employee ramp time or accommodate individual revenue targets? Smart Benchmarks were the solution!
While Smart Benchmarks are a powerful solution, it could be time consuming to individually update each user when unique/individual targets were needed.
Scorecard Templates alleviate the need to manually update each user's target within Ambition and provide a way to mass update current user targets as well as targets up to 12 time periods in the future. --> 12 days, weeks, months, or quarters depending on your Activity and Objective Score Time Frames.
How do I use Scorecard Templates?
Ambition's Scorecard Templates are great for mass updating Scorecard Targets.
Scorecard Template Best Practices
- Scorecard Targets must only include numbers, ex: 45000 instead of 45,000 or $45000.
- Ambition will ignore "0" Scorecard Targets as our system requires a number to be set.
- Ambition WILL NOT delete Scorecard Targets, only update.
ex. If Susan has a target of $45,000 and you erase that value in your spreadsheet, save, and upload, Susan's target will still be $45,000.
Is mass-deletion of Scorecard Targets important to you? Please reach out and tell us!
- If you'd like to update multiple Groups, Scorecard, Metrics you'll need to stitch together multiple exports containing all relevant information. If you need help, don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com!
Access Scorecard Target Import
1. Open the left navigation and click Administration > Scorecards.
2. Click Override Targets Manually.
3. Click on the Upload Targets button.
Generate and Download a Scorecard Import Template
Although generating a template is an optional step, Ambition does recommend it to better understand the upload format that is required.
1 . Select the appropriate Role, or other Group Type used for scoring, you wish to generate a Template for from the Role Dropdown.
You can either search or scroll through your Organization's list of roles.
Remember, each Score consists of different Metrics, which are selected in the next step.
3. Select a Metric from the Selected Scorecard
The list of Metrics that are available in the selected Activity Score or Objective Score will be based on your selections in steps 1 and 2. Only metrics that are on the respective Role's, from step 1, Scorecard Configuration, from step 2, will appear in the drop down.
4. Click the Download Template button
Note: Role, Ambition Score, and Metric selections must be complete before attempting to download a template.
Now that you have a template, you can upload Targets for the selected Role, Score, and Metric.
Once a template is exported and opened in a spreadsheet editor, you will see the following format.
Note: All columns are required for re-upload
|Column A: Scorecard||
Either shows Activity Score or Objective Score
|Column B: Scorecard ID||
Activity Score = 1 and Objective Score = 2
|Column C: Metric||
Name of Metric as it appears in Ambition
|Column D: Metric ID||
Metric Number, can also be found via the 'See Metric IDs' button
|Column E: Employee Username||User's email address|
|Column F: Employee Name||
User's full name
|Column G: Start Time||
When the new target should take effect?
|Column H: Target||
What is the new target for the user's metric in question?
Must only include numbers: 45000 instead of 45,000 or $45000.
Upload New Targets via .CSV
1. Finalize the template with the new targets.
If you opted to bypass the template, ensure that each of the required columns listed above are included on your file.
2. Update and save the new targets in the template, column H.
3. Click the Upload CSV button.
4. Find the saved file on your device and open.
The upload will not be successful if the data cannot be matched to:
- Users with an active Ambition account
- Existing Scorecard Configuration
- Existing Metrics in Ambition
A red error message will appear if the file is missing a Scorecard ID or Metric ID OR if the file is not saved as a .csv.
Based on the contents of the uploaded file, Ambition will display the Users Name, the Score impacted (Activity/Objective), Metric name, Start Time (Year, Month, Date when the new target will be in place), and the new Target.
5. Verify the accuracy of the new targets.
If the upload is successful, the Verify Accuracy screen will show the uploader a full list of the new targets to ensure that the intended targets are being updated correctly.
6. If applicable, review any errors.
If your upload has an incorrect Employee Username, those rows will appear in the Review Errors screen. If this happens, re-open your .csv file to correct the errors prior to re-upload.
In the example above, Betty has moved Roles resulting in the error, "Cannot Find Valid Scorecard + Metric + Start Time Combination for Betty Montgomery"
7. Click the Create/Update Targets button and when prompted click Confirm.