Most Improved Leaderboard
The Most Improved Leaderboard is designed to recognize your team's biggest movers! With two options, you can quickly compare totals for a single Metric and recognize Users through Most Improved by Rank or Most Improved by Value.
Access the Most Improved Leaderboard
1. Open the left navigation and click Leaderboard.
2. Click the Filters icon in the upper right to access the filters pane.
- Metric -Select a single metric. The default is Activity Score, but any metric within your organization's account can be used here.
- Time Frame - The selected time frame will be compared to the historical time frame (week-over-week, month-over-month, quarter-over-quarter, etc.).
↳ If Custom is selected as the Time Frame, additional Start and End Time filters will display.
Note: A Week in Ambition is Monday - Sunday. Quarters are based on Calendar Quarters not Fiscal Quarters.
- Type - Select the hierarchy level for which you wish to view Leaderboard data.
- Include Records Without Data - Include Users even if they haven't contributed to the selected metric. Users/Teams/Groups, etc without data will display on the Leaderboard, but have two dashes instead of a numerical value and/or improved ranking aside their name.
- If User was selected in the Type filter, Filter by Group - Refine the Leaderboard by comparing individuals within the same Role, Team, or Location. Learn more about Ambition's Hierarchy Levels here.
- Search - Search for a term based on the Type being filtered. Ex. Type = User, Search for User's Names.
3. Select either Most Improved by Value or Most Improved by Rank.
4. Optionally, Most Improved Leaderboards can be utilized on a Leaderboard TV slide as well.
What are the two types of Most Improved Leaderboards?
Within Ambition's Most Improved Leaderboard there are two ranking methods, each providing a unique ranking of the most improved.
1. Most Improved by Value
Relative rankings based on the absolute metric value, rankings are shown based on the increase or decrease in value for the selected metric and time frame.
Individuals will show a +, 0, or - in line with their name.
Examples from the image below:
Metric - Calls.
Time Frame - Today
First place, +16 = Larry has completed 16 more Calls than yesterday.
Fifth place, 0 = Russ has made the same number of Calls as yesterday.
Sixth place, -1 = Paul has made 1 less Call than yesterday.
2. Most Improved by Rank
Relative rankings based on the individual's increase or decrease in rank for the selected time frame.
Individuals will show a ˅, 0, or a ^ next to their name.
Example from the image below:
Metric - Appointments Set
Time Frame - This Week
First place, ^87 = Elizabeth improved 87 positions (rank) from last week.
Think of this ranking as a Power Ranking for a professional sports league!
How do the time frames selected impact the rank/values shown?
Why are our numbers negative? Why is the Leaderboard constantly changing? Understanding the time frame selection is central to understanding the Most Improved Leaderboard.
1. Selecting Current Time Frames (Today, This Week, This Month, This Quarter, This Year):
- This Leaderboard compares the full historical time frame to the current, partial time frame.
- Values may appear low or negative early on in the selected time frame, but will turn positive as the contributors have more time to contribute to their metrics.
- Current time frame Leaderboards will rapidly adjust throughout the time frame as more employees contribute.
What are Current Time Frame Selections Comparing Against?
|Time Frame Selection||Compares Against|
|Today (partial results)||Yesterday (complete results)|
|This Week (partial results)||Last Week (complete results)|
|This Month (partial results)||Last Month (complete results)|
|This Quarter (partial results)||Last Quarter (complete results)|
|This Year (partial results)||Last Year (complete results)|
Partial vs Compete results comparisons example
Ellen (on a Tuesday) is 2 appointments away from matching last week's total (M-F).
As we near the end of the week, we can expect users to outperform last week's totals, moving into the + territory.
2. Selecting Historical Time Frames (Yesterday, Last Week, Last Month, Last Quarter, Last Year):
- This Leaderboard will compare full, final results from historical time periods (week over week, month over month, etc.).
What are Historical Time Frame Selections Comparing Against?
|Time Frame Selection||Compares Against|
|Yesterday (complete results)||2 Business Days Ago (complete results)|
|Last Week (complete results)||2 Weeks Ago (complete results)|
|Last Month (complete results)||2 Months Ago (complete results)|
|Last Quarter (complete results)||2 Quarters Ago (complete results)|
|Last Year (complete results)||2 Years Ago (complete results)|
Complete Result Comparisons example
- Steven held 28 more meetings last week than he did two weeks ago. He is the most improved by value.
Note: In the event of a tie, the individuals' metric value and name are used to determine who appears first on the Leaderboard as seen in the example below with 3rd and 4th place.