One-Off Coaching Check-Ins
One-off check-ins can be created for a single User that are either Scheduled or completed in line (Live). Additionally, one-off Check-Ins can be tied into an existing Coaching Programs to ensure that all coaching data is tracked in the Coaching Utilization Reports.
Create a One-Off Check-In
1. From the Quick Actions button, click Coaching and Develop > Check-In
2. Complete the Details section (Step 1) of the Check-In Builder.
Search by name; only one user at a time.
This optional step will connect the one-off check-in to a pre-existing program's timeline.
|Scheduled or Now||
Scheduled will allow the manager to schedule and assign agenda items in the future.
Now is designed to be answered together in a 1:1 format, in-line.
|If Scheduled, Start Date||
Start Date designates when the User will be granted access to the check-in's agenda items.
|If Scheduled, Due Date||
Due Date designates when the User will need to complete the check-in's agenda items.
|Send Calendar Invite||
Selecting Yes will send a calendar invite to both the manager and employee's email/calendar service provider.
If this is selected, the manager will see a calendar of events related to the check-in.
3. Complete the Agenda by selecting a pre-made Template or compiling Items
If a one-off check-in template has already been created by Admin, can select it from this dropdown to auto-populate the Agenda Items.
These items may be editable, depending on the Template's settings.
If a template does not yet exist, learn more about Check-In templates below.
The check-in's agenda may consist of a variety of questions, feedback, and polls
|Question||Fill in answer format. Check out our list of recommended questions.|
|Feedback||Employee will be prompted to acknowledge the manager's feedback.|
|Poll||1-5 point scale.|
4. Schedule or Complete Check-In
If you selected 'Scheduled' in Step 1, click the green Schedule Check-In button.
If you selected 'Now' in Step 1 and filled out the agenda items in person, click the green Complete Check-In to record the coaching session.
Create a Template for One-Off Check-Ins
Administrative users can also build templates that can only be used for one-off check-ins. For example, if managers are frequently coaching reps on their call performance, an admin user could build a template that requires each manager to use the same basic template for their check-ins. These templates can be editable or locked.
By default, Managers cannot create Check-In Templates
If you've been tasked with creating Check-In Templates, reach out to your admin to ensure the Permission
Coaching: Create Check-In Template has been assigned!
Have questions about updating Permissions? Learn more here.
1. From the left-hand navigation go to Administration > Coaching
2. From the Manage Coaching page, select Check-In Templates.
3. Click the + Check-In Template button.
4. Complete the Details (Step 1) of the Check-In Template Builder form.
- Name - This is the name of the template, which will be selected from a dropdown menu when a manager creates a new one-off check-in. Example: "Call Review"
- Is Editable - This toggle determines if the managers are allowed to edit the template's agenda items within the check-in. Selecting Yes will allow the manager to add or remove agenda items. Selecting No will lock the agenda items.
5. Complete the Agenda (Step 2) of the Check-In Template Builder form.
6. Click the Save Check-In Template button.