Coaching Timelines + Dashboard Actions
December's release includes several updates that are designed to streamline the coaching experience in Ambition, improving the day-to-day management of coaching for employees and for managers.
These updates include:
- New Coaching Tab on Dashboards
- Coaching History Timelines
- Simpler Check-Ins
- Custom Tabs
- Improved Coaching Management
- Metric Comparisons (User vs Group)
1. Coaching from the Dashboard
All user dashboards now include a Coaching tab! This tab can be viewed on a user's personal dashboard and on the dashboard of any of their direct reports. Go here for a complete view of coaching per employee:
Manager Actions from the Dashboard:
- Create a shared or private note
- Schedule a new one-off check-in
- Create a new action plan
- Kick off a new recurring coaching program
- View, approve, and rate open check-ins
- View coaching analytics
Employee Actions from the Dashboard:
- Respond directly to a check-in's agenda items (questions, polls, etc.)
- View historical check-ins & notes
- View coaching analytics
2. Coaching History Timelines
Within the Coaching tab on the dashboard, scroll down to see a complete coaching history for the employee. Here users can see historical check-ins, notes & attachments, as well as complete action plans.
Within the coaching history timeline, users can view:
- Notes & their attachments
- Completed, Excused, and Expired check-ins
- Completed Action Plans
3. Simpler Check-Ins
Ambition check-ins have been rebuilt, providing a streamlined process start to finish. The new check-in interface allows employees to complete their check-in agenda directly from their dashboard. This new interface also allows managers to review, remind, or excuse a check-in from their dashboard.
Check-in status names are also more explicit now, providing a detailed description of what's required, regardless of who's viewing the Check-In:
- All = All Records, includes all statuses
- Open = Action is required, includes Due & Pending
- Answers Due = waiting for answers from the employee
- Pending = Waiting for review from the manager
- Complete = Completed by all parties
- Expired = Expired before being completed by both parties
- Excused = Excused by the manager
- Scheduled = Not started yet
Employee completing a check-in from their dashboard (coaching tab):
Manager approving a check-in from their managerial dashboard (coaching tab):
Come prepared to your 1:1 by getting caught up to speed with the Prep tab. Here, users can view any coaching actions that have taken place in the past 90 days.
In addition, a manager can remind, rate, mark as excused, or delete a check-in from this view:
4. Custom Tabs
Does your team reference a learning management system, dialer service, or another platform for coaching? If so, you can create up a custom tab to view that information, alongside your Ambition data, directly within a coaching check-in.
To set up a custom tab within your coaching check-ins, the Ambition support team will need the following information:
- Does the 3rd party website support iFraming?
- What is the url that should be shown?
- What would you like to name the tab?
From there, the Ambition support team can turn on this feature.
5. Improved Coaching Management
All of the coaching administration tables have been updated with new styling, new footers & pagination, & filters.
When logged in as a manager or an administrator, users will now see a new View As option. This will allow users to view all action plans and check-ins as either an Observer, Employee, or Manager. This replaces the previous User<>Manager toggle.
- Observer = View all action plans & check-ins that you have permission to view.
- Employee = View all action plans & check-ins that you are accountable for completing as an employee.
- Manager = View all action plans & check-ins that are assigned to your direct reports.
6. Metric Comparisons
From a dashboard, the metric cards have been improved to allow for comparisons across groups or individuals. Within each metric, as shown below, you can now compare a user or group's performance against another user or group. Here's how to compare an individual to a group or role:
- Navigate to an individual's dashboard
- Select who you'd like to compare them against (selecting from the dropdown menu)
- Select the time frame that you'd like to measure (selecting from the dropdown menu)
- From each metric card, click the 'Trend' button to visualize their performance against the group average over time (this loads the line graph).