Employees Ask. Managers Act. Teams Win.
Employee Asks is a simple, performance-centric system where employees can make asks and managers can take action.
Employees can challenge themselves to be better, and managers can do something about it. Coaching, Competitions, Goals, Accolades, you name it. Everything is powered by your company’s data, trackable, exportable, critical to ensuring culture is exactly where you want it.
In this article we'll cover:
- How Does it Work?
- Types of Asks
- How to Submit an Ask
- How to View Asks (Employee)
- How to Review & Act on Asks (Manager)
- Exporting Asks
- How do I Active this Feature?
How Does it Work?
1. Employees receive an email every Monday morning asking them if they have any Asks for the coming week. An Asks form is also available within the Salesforce widget and as a Quick Action within the product header. Each Ask is tied to a specific supervisor. Employees may also receive requests from their supervisor to complete. Additionally, employees may create an Ask for their direct manager or any user with Manager/Admin permissions.
2. Managers receive an email every time an Ask is created by their employees. Managers have a grid to act on Asks. Open Asks are added to the existing Daily Digest email every afternoon for transparency. Additionally, Managers can submit requests to their team members or any other user with Manager/Admin permissions to complete.
3. Admins receive an email every Friday afternoon detailing Ask activity for the week and where everything stands. Admins can view organization wide trends and exports. Additionally, they can create an Ask for any user across the organization.
What Types of Asks Can Users Submit?
Employees & Managers can submit requests for the following topics:
- Competition: I would like a new competition for myself or for my team.
- Coaching: I need coaching (check-in, action plan, etc.)
- Edit/Fix: I need something fixed (incorrect group, scorecard, etc.)
- Goal: I need a goal (for this month or quarter)
- Idea: I have an idea for Ambition (TV Content, Accolade, etc.)
How to Submit An Ask
Employees will receive an email every Monday morning soliciting asks for the week. Follow these steps to submit a new Ask.
- From the top right hand corner, click the Quick Asks button (+)
- Select the type of request your submitting (coaching, goal, etc.)
- Provide a summary of the Ask (ex: New Goal for April)
- Provide a reason for the Ask (ex: I want to hit a new goal this month)
- Select the Manager who should facilitate the Ask
- Click the green Ask button at the bottom of the form
Note: Once the Ask is submitted, the selected manager will receive an email detailing your request. From there, they can complete the request and leave a note letting you know that it has been complete.
How to View Your Submitted Asks (Employee)
Employees can view their open and/or historical Asks by following these steps:
- From the left hand navigation, click on Asks.
- The Overview tab will show a summary of your submitted Asks (grouped by type & status).
- The Asks tab will show a table of your Asks.
- Access the filters to find specific requests by Status, Type, or search for content.
- Users can also:
- Escalate the Ask to urgent priority
- Change the recipient of the Ask
- Remind the recipient of the Ask
- Delete the Ask
How to Review & Act on Employee Asks (Manager)
There are two ways for Managers to view their Employee's Asks.
1. From the left hand navigation > Asks.
2. From the Quick Actions button, navigate to Get and Give Help. Below the Options selector, click Review Asks.
- The Overview tab will provide a historical summary of the Asks that you've received from your team.
- The Asks tab will provide a table of those requests. Here you can filter by Type, Status, or for specific content.
Acting on Asks
Managers can perform these three actions:
- Take Action (follow steps to fulfill the Ask)
- Mark as Complete (and leave a note for the employee)
- Mark as Dismissed
Exporting Employee Asks
Manager & Admin users have the ability to export Employee Asks. Follow these steps:
- From the left-hand navigation > Asks
- Click on the Asks tab
- Click the blue Export button
- Open file as CSV
Activating this Feature
If you would like to enable this feature, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or email us at email@example.com.