Ambition Slash Commands in Slack
Bring the in-app Ambition experience directly into your team's Slack channels!
Once your organization has enabled the Slack integration within your integration settings, you will be able to utilize Ambition's slash commands. Click here to learn more about Slack's slash commands.
The Help command (/ambition help) will provide a list of valid slash commands for Ambition and provides a link to this help document.
Note: Leaderboards can only be shared in public channels unless the Ambition Slackbot has been added to the private channel.
Configure a Leaderboard
The Leaderboard command (/ambition leaderboard) will invoke a leaderboard modal. The Leaderboard command allows users to quickly post the top 5 performers of a Metric from their Ambition Leaderboard. From this modal users can share a Leaderboard to any public Slack channel. Filters include:
1. Metric: Select a single Metric from your organization (ex: Activity Score, Calls, Revenue, etc.).
2. Group Type: Select an entity type from your organization to rank by.
- User will provide a ranked list of individual employees (screenshot below).
- Location will provide a ranked list of group locations (1st place = Chicago. 2nd place = Atlanta. 3rd place = Chattanooga. etc.)
- Role will provide a ranked list of role types (1st place = Sr. Account Executives. 2nd place = Business Development Reps. etc.)
3. Time Frame: Select from Today, This Week, This Month, or Custom to pick your dates from a calendar picker.
4. Filter for users within specific groups: If User is selected for the Group Type, an optional filter will be displayed to only rank users with certain groups.
- For example: Only rank users within the Chattanooga or Atlanta offices.
The Show Preview button at the top of the modal will reflect the filter selections.
The generate Preview shows exactly what will be shared in the public Slack channel upon submission. Click the Back button to complete the slash command's form.
Share a Leaderboard to a Slack Channel
Note: Leaderboards can only be shared in public channels
Once you've selected the filter criteria, click the green Share to Channel button at the bottom of the form.
Upon submission, the Ambition Slack App will post the Leaderboard message, which displays User profile photos, GIFs (if applicable), and entity names.
The generated Leaderboard is limited to the top 5 entities, but a link to the full Leaderboard is provided at the bottom of the message.
Note: Competitions can only be shared in public channels unless the Ambition Slackbot has been added to the private channel.
Share a Competition's Standings
The Competition command (/ambition competition) will invoke a competition modal. The Competition command allows users to quickly post the top 5 performers of an active or recently ended Competition.
Share a Competition's standings:
1. Invoke the Slash Command: Type and enter the command /ambition competition
2. Select a Challenge: In the modal, select from a list of Ongoing or Completed Challenges.
3. Show a Preview: Click the Preview button to see a display of what will be shared in the Slack channel.
4. Share to Channel: Click Share to Channel to post the competition's standings to the Slack channel.
Create Shared or Private Coaching Notes from Slack
The Note command (/ambition note) will invoke a note modal. The Note command allows users to quickly create and send a coaching note to a user's coaching timeline in Ambition.
Create a Coaching Note:
1. Invoke the Slash Command: Type and enter the command /ambition note
2. Select a Recipient: This list will show any employees that the User has permission to coach in Ambition (i.e. direct reports).
3. Type the Contents of the Coaching Note: This is what will appear on the user's coaching timeline.
4. Confirm Shared/Private Settings: Clicking "Toggle to Private" will designate this note as a Private, Manager Note.
- Shared Notes: Will notify the recipient of the message and appear on their Ambition Dashboard for them to see.
- Private Notes: Will not notify the recipient nor will they be able to view it on their Ambition Dashboard. Aside from Admins, only the creator the Note can view the content of a Private Note.
5. Click Save Shared/Private Note: Once the Note and Shared settings have been confirmed, click to Save. You will be notified in Slack of the note's success. The other members of the channel or direct message will not receive a notification in Slack.
6. Coaching Note Saved: The new note will be sent to the Recipient's Personal Dashboard > Coaching Tab. It can also be viewed from the left hand navigation > Coaching > Notes.
Note: Although Coaching Notes can be created from any Slack channels, it will not post a message to the channel or direct message. The Note itself can be viewed in Ambition.