Access Ambition in Salesforce
The options you have to access Ambition will be dependent on your Organization.
Most commonly Ambition is accessed through the Ambition tab, but you may have additional options to access Ambition through our Widget options.
Access Ambition Tab
Images and exact steps may be differ due to organizational customizations and page overlays. If you have any questions about accessing the tab, reach out to the appropriate internal Salesforce contact. If you are unsure who to contact internally, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access Tab in Salesforce Classic
1. Login to Salesforce.
2. Click the + icon on the navigation bar.
3. Locate and select Ambition.
For quicker access, you can add Ambition to your navigation by clicking Customize My Tabs.
You will then be able to view Ambition within Salesforce.
Add Navigation Items in Salesforce Lightning
1. Login to Salesforce.
2. Click the pencil icon on the navigation bar.
3. Click Add More Items.
4. Locate and select Ambition.
5. Click Add 1 Nav Item.
6. Drag the newly added Ambition item to the desired location in the navigation.
7. Click Save.
Ambition will now be accessible through the navigation.
Troubleshooting - Unable to View Tab
Before the tab can be viewed you must have an active account in both Salesforce and Ambition.
Additionally your Salesforce account must be connected to your Ambition account!
If your Salesforce Username differs from the email tied to your Salesforce account, check to see that you have a Salesforce ID populated at the bottom of your user settings.
Verify Salesforce ID in User Settings
1. Click the gear icon, , next to your name.
You will be navigated into User settings.
2. Scroll to the bottom of your settings and locate the Integration IDs.
If ID is Present
3. If you find that your Salesforce User ID is not blank, most commonly a missing permission in Salesforce is preventing your access to the Ambition tab.
To resolve, reach out to your Admin or Manager and ask that your Ambition Access permissions be updated in Salesforce. If you are unsure of who to reach out to in your organization, email email@example.com for assistance.
If ID is not Present
3. If you find that your Salesforce User ID is blank, your Ambition account is not currently connected to your active Salesforce account.
To resolve, reach out to your Admin or Manager and ask that your Salesforce account be synced into Ambition. If you are unsure of who to reach out to in your organization, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.