Co-Coaches for Check-Ins & Programs
Co-Coaches are available with the Coaching, Pro, & Enterprise Packages. They can be turned on or off within the features page.
In this article we'll cover:
- What is a co-coach?
- How do I assign a co-coach to an individual check-in?
- How do I assign a co-coach to a recurring program
- Where can I find my co-coach check-ins?
What is a Co-Coach?
A Co-Coach is a third-party individual who has managerial access to the coaching check-in. Co-Coaches are a great fit for assistant managers or HR professionals who play a role in the coaching process. A Co-Coach can be any Ambition User, regardless of their permission level.
The creator (manager) of the Check-in can add as many Co-Coaches as required.
A co-coach can do the following:
- View the check-in's agenda and content
- View comments or public notes left in the check-in
- Comment on individual agenda items
- Leave a public note for the employee and manager to view
- Leave a private note that only the lead manager can view
- Approve & rate the check-in
- Re-open an expired check-in
- Extend an open check-in
- View a correlated Action Plan
A co-coach cannot do the following:
- Cannot edit a program's agenda or recurrence
- Cannot delete a check-in
- Cannot view a private note that was created by the lead manager
^The user that last rates a Check-In is denoted, if the Check-In has a Co-Coach.
^Co-Coaches are listed in the header.
^The user that marks the Check-In as complete can be seen by hovering over the completed date.
How do I assign a co-coach to an individual check-in?
From an individual check-in, click the advanced options icon “⋮” to add a co-coach. Multiple users can be assigned as a co-coach.
How do I assign a co-coach to a recurring program?
When creating a recurring coaching program, the form will have an optional step for assigning co-coaches. This can be edited after the creation of the program.
Note: If you want to add or remove a Co-Coach to an existing Program, you can do so from the Program's edit form. Any changes to the Program's Co-Coach settings will be reflected on check-ins going forward; historical check-ins in the Program will not inherit these Co-Coaches.
Where can I find my Co-coach Check-ins?
1. From the left-hand navigation, click on Coaching > Check-Ins:
2. Across the horizontal navigation bar, click on Co-Coach:
3. Here you'll see any individual check-ins where you have been assigned as a co-coach.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.