Co-Coaches for Check-Ins & Programs
Co-Coaches are available with the Coaching, Pro, & Enterprise Packages.
The Co-Coach feature can be enabled or disabled through the Features page.
What is a Co-Coach?
A Co-Coach is an Ambition user who has managerial access to the coaching check-in. A Co-Coach can be any Ambition user, regardless of their permission level. Co-Coaches are a great fit for assistant managers or HR professionals who play a role in the coaching process.
The creator (manager) of the Check-in can add as many Co-Coaches as required. Participants of a Check-in or Program cannot also be assigned as a Co-Coach for that specific Check-in or Program except for Group Check-ins.
A co-coach can do the following:
- View and edit the check-in's agenda and content
- View comments or public notes left in the check-in
- Comment on individual agenda items
- Leave a public note for the employee and manager to view
- Leave a private note that only the lead manager can view
- Approve & rate the check-in
- Re-open an expired check-in
- Extend an open check-in
- View a correlated Action Plan
- Create Action Items
A co-coach cannot do the following:
- Cannot edit a Program's agenda or recurrence
- Cannot delete a check-in
- Cannot view a private note that was created by the lead manager
- Create an Action Plan within the Check-in
Co-coaches for Group Check-ins can delete and make edits to both the agenda and recurrence.
Co-Coaches are listed in the check-in header. Jared is the co-coach here, and a co-coach designation will be see when Jared is hovered over.
The user that last rates a Check-In is denoted, if the Check-In has a Co-Coach.
How do I assign a co-coach to an individual check-in?
From an individual check-in, click the “⋮” icon then Manage Co-Coaches to add a co-coach. Multiple users can be assigned as a co-coach.
Additionally, from an individual check-in, click the ⋮ icon, then Edit to update Co-Coaches.
How do I assign a co-coach to a recurring program?
When creating a recurring coaching program, the form will have an optional step for assigning co-coaches. Co-Coaches can be edited after the creation of the program.
Note: If you want to add or remove a Co-Coach to an existing Program, you can do so from the Program's edit form. Any changes to the Program's Co-Coach settings will be reflected on check-ins going forward; historical check-ins in the Program will not inherit these Co-Coaches.
Where can I find my Co-coach Check-ins?
1. Open the left navigation and click on Coaching > Check-Ins:
2. Across the horizontal navigation bar, click on Co-Coach:
3. Any individual check-ins where you have been assigned as a co-coach will appear.