Lower-is-Better Scorecard Metrics
Ambition's Scorecards provide teams with the ability to have blended metric types, supporting both Higher-is-Better (traditional metrics) and Lower-is-Better.
Examples of Lower-is-Better Scorecard Metrics
Average Handle Time
↳ Each representative should have an average handle time of less than 10 minutes.
↳ Each representative should not transfer more than 25% of their calls.
Ticket Response Time
↳ Each representative should respond to new tickets in less than 3 minutes.
Configure Lower-is-Better Scorecard Metrics
1. From the left-hand navigation, click on Administration > Scorecards.
2. Select the Role to create/edit the Scorecard Metrics.
3. Click on Add Metric to view the Metric dropdown. Select the Lower-is-Better metric.
4. Set the Target and Scoring Importance to designate the desired outcome for this metric.
- For example, the metric "Hold Time (avg)" could have a desired outcome of 5 minutes, which equals a 100% for the Scorecard metric. Since this duration based metric is tracked in seconds, we'll type in 300 to represent 5 minutes.
5. Toggle Advanced Settings on the Scorecard Metric.
Don't see the Advanced Settings option? If your package supports Lower-is-Better metrics, reach out to email@example.com to have this feature enabled.
6. Change the default scoring type for the metric to Lower-is-Better.
7. Set the Scoring Range Start & Stop values. In order to assign scorecard points for values above or below the Target total of 10 minutes, we need to know the scoring range (or the slope of the line graph).
- Start: Above this value does not count towards the score.
- For example, a Hold Time averaging longer than 10 minutes is too slow, and therefore should not count towards the Scorecard total. (Customers, on average, shouldn't have to wait over 10 minutes to hear back from us).
- Since this duration based metric is tracked in seconds, we'll type in 600 to represent 10 minutes.
- Stop: The maximum amount of points for the Scorecard.
- For example, if the employee has an average Hold Time of 45 seconds, they earn more than 100% for that metric on the Scorecard.
- Since this duration based metric is tracked in seconds, we'll type in 45 to represent 45 seconds.
Can a Metric have a Lower-is-Better Scorecard target of zero?
Yes. Lower-is-better scorecard metrics support a target value of zero. This means that the Stop value must also be zero.
Can the Target or Stop value be negative?
No. Negative values are not supported within the scoring range.
Can we have both Lower-is-Better & Higher-is-Better type Metrics on the same Scorecard?
Yes. Ambition Scorecards are configured to support a mix of scoring types.
Can we track a single Metric as both lower-is-better & higher-is-better, either on the same Scorecard or on different Scorecards?
No. If the Metric is lower-is-better on "Scorecard A", it cannot be higher-is-better on "Scorecard A" or "Scorecard B." It must be the same across Scorecards to ensure that group Activity or Objective scores are calculated correctly.
Are Lower-is-Better metrics available in Leaderboards or Competitions?
No. Ambition only supports lower-is-better Metrics on Scorecards today.