Uninstalling Ambition in Salesforce
Ambition can lose connection to Salesforce if the person who installed/authorized Ambition has had their Salesforce account deleted or stripped of necessary permissions. In some cases, uninstalling Ambition from Salesforce may be required. To avoid this situation, we encourage using a headless user. You can learn more about this here.
- Salesforce System Administrator License
Uninstall Ambition from Production Salesforce
1. Log in to your Organization's Salesforce instance.
2. Navigate to Setup via the button in the upper-left corner of the page.
3. In the left-hand navigation, find the Platform Tools section, click the drop-down for Apps, then click the drop-down for Packaging, and then click Installed Packages.
4. On the Installed Packages page, scroll down to find Ambition and click the Uninstall link in the first column.
5. You will be presented with an Uninstalling a Package page. This page will detail all of the package components that will be uninstalled. Scroll down to the bottom of this page and check the box stating, "Yes, I want to uninstall this package and permanently delete all associated components". Then click the Uninstall button.
If any Salesforce users (including the Installing and Authorizing user) have Permission Sets assigned to them that are associated with the Ambition managed package then you will receive an error message stating that the package was unable to be uninstalled.
To resolve, remove all permission sets from these users before attempting to uninstall again. In the example below, all of the highlighted Permission Sets needed to be removed before proceeding with the uninstall process.
There may also be other components that need to be removed prior to uninstalling. If you have any questions about a particular component please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. After successfully uninstalling you will be taken back to the Installed Packages page and the Ambition package will no longer be listed.
To reinstall Ambition, please review our help articles on this topic: