Microsoft Teams Integration
- Microsoft Teams Account - Authorization will require Account Administrator permissions within Microsoft Teams
- Ambition - Authorization will require the "Integrations: Edit" Permissions to access integrations.
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to have the "Microsoft Teams" feature enabled.
Microsoft Teams Overview
Ambition's integration with Microsoft Teams creates an ecosystem of encouragement & delivers actionable insights within Microsoft Teams. Managing remote sales teams is hard, but maximizing employee performance with recognition and performance alerts is easy and effective with Ambition for Microsoft Teams.
Through Ambition's Microsoft Teams Integration you can send workflow notifications directly to your public and private Teams to drive employee engagement and recognition. Enabling the Microsoft Teams integration will also allow users to share Leaderboards on the fly.
Enable and Authorize Microsoft Teams Integration
1. Open the left navigation and click Administration > Data > Integrations.
2. Click the + Enable Integration button.
If this is the first integration enabled in your instance, you will skip this step and begin at step 3.
3. Locate the Microsoft Teams integration and click "Enable Integration" in line with the Microsoft Teams name and icon.
You will be redirected into the newly enabled Microsoft Teams integration.
Upon enabling you will be redirected into the integration. To enter the Microsoft Teams integration anytime after original enabling:
Once enabled, the Microsoft Teams integration will appear on the Integration Management page.
4. Click Edit in line with the Microsoft Teams integration.
5. Click on Authorization.
6. Click Sign-in with Microsoft
If you use Ambition within Salesforce, log into your organization's stand alone instance of Ambition, yourcomanyname.ambition.com, as attempts to be redirected to sign in to Microsoft within the Salesforce UI will be blocked.
If you are unsure of your organization's Ambition domain, reach out to email@example.com.
As noted above, the Authorization step must be completed by a user with administrator capabilities for the associated Microsoft Teams account.
7. You will be redirected to Microsoft Teams where your company's Microsoft Teams account administrator will need to sign in.
8. Once signed in, your company's Microsoft Teams account administrator will be presented with the permissions requested by the Ambition application. To learn more about the permission requested, click here.
- Click the checkbox to "Consent on behalf of your organization."
- Click Accept to authorize the permissions requested.
9. The authorization is now complete. You will be redirected to the Microsoft Teams integration management page in Ambition.
Here you can click + Get Ambition For Microsoft Teams which will redirect you to Ambition's listing on the Microsoft Teams App Store.
Before being able to send Ambition notifications to Microsoft Teams, Ambition will need to be added to the preferred Microsoft Team Channels.
Add the Ambition App to Microsoft Teams and Channels
Now that the Microsoft Teams integration has been authorized, the Ambition app will need to be added to the appropriate Teams & Channels for use.
You can use Ambition in a public or private Team.
You can only use Ambition in public Channels. Platform limitation by Microsoft: Private channels in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams
To use in the public Channels of a public Team, install Ambition to any user or any team in the workspace.
To use in the public Channels of a private Team, install Ambition to that team’s General channel.
How to add the app to a Team:
1. From a Team, click settings > Manage team.
2. From the Apps tab, click More Apps.
3. From the Apps page, search and select Ambition.
4. This will open the Ambition app description.
5. From the Open menu, select Add to a team.
6. Click Set up a bot for the selected Team and Channel.
7. Ambition leaderboards can now be invoked and workflows sent to the respective team and channels.