What do you get by migrating to Workflows?
From celebrations to issue detection, Ambition's Trigger system has supported Managers across industries as they work with their remote teams. Triggers now have a new name and a bright future. Click here to learn how to build a Workflow.
Workflows enable the automation of business processes and are built off of a set of rules (if/then). Depending on the criteria, Ambition can send updates & notifications to Ambition TVs, Ambition users, emails, Slack Channels, Slack Users, and soon to come... Microsoft Teams!
What you need to know:
- Workflows Overview
- New Workflow Alerts
- New Administrative Tools
- Easier to Build
- The Migration Process
A workflow rule sets workflow actions into motion when its predefined conditions are met. You can configure workflow actions to execute immediately when a record meets the conditions in your workflow rule, or set time based triggers that execute the workflow actions on a specific day.
Workflow rules can be broken into two main components.
- Criteria: the “if” part of the “if/then” statement. What must be true of the record for the workflow rule to execute the associated actions?
- Action: the “then” part of the “if/then” statement. What to do when the record meets the criteria? Can be multiple actions per rule.
New Workflow Alerts
1. Send Leaderboard rankings to Slack on a custom schedule.
2. Send alerts & leaderboards directly to a Slack user as direct messages.
3. Exclude Weekends or specific days from Daily Workflows (ex: Monday-Friday).
New Administrative Tools
1. Visibility into the historical log of Workflow events (Queue, Events, & Jobs).
2. Ability to run triggers on demand outside of their scheduled cadence.
3. Send alerts to the internal Log, which is helpful for testing or troubleshooting purposes.
4. Designate a Workflow’s end date or set as Inactive.
5. Bulk deletion of Workflows.
Easier to Build
1. New Message Options (images, gifs, operators).
2. Improved notification selectors allow the selection of all users within a hierarchy group.
The Migration Process
When your organization is ready to migrate to the new Workflows system, your Administrator can initialize the migration in-app from the Manage Triggers page.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions.