How can the Ambition API help me?
Ambition's Public API provides customers with access to their account, group, and coaching data. Coaching data includes Action Plans, Programs, and Check-Ins.
In this article we'll cover:
Where can I view API documentation?
- Documentation can be found at
- An OpenAPI 3.0 schema file can be downloaded at the top of this page by clicking /api/v2/schema/.
Where do I find my credentials?
User-level credentials can now be created in your administrative settings.
- From the left-hand navigation click on
Standard API Token Management.
- From the Token Management page, click
Add New Token.
- Name the Token and click
Create New Token.
- After the token has been created, copy the token to save for reference. You will not be able to access this token again.
A token can also still be obtained in
API Integrations, Credentials.
How do I construct my HTTP requests?
You will need to construct a request consisting of three parts: Authorization Header, Content Type Header, and Body (if applicable).
AUTH_TOKEN is the token from
Standard API Token Management or an API Integration.
Authorization: Token AUTH_TOKEN
Content-Type will vary based on the endpoint and action.
Content Type Header
||JSON||JSON Formatted Data|
||CSV||CSV Formatted Data|
||CSV||Excel Formatted Data|
The body will consist of either JSON or CSV data, dependent on selected
Refer to the "How do I construct data for an API integration?" for constructing the body's data.
cURL to list accounts in Ambition.
curl \ -H "Authorization: Token AUTH_TOKEN" \ -H "Content-Type: application/json" \ https://SUBDOMAIN.ambition.com/api/v2/account