Ambition's Public API
Ambition's Public API provides customers with access to their account, group, and coaching data. Coaching data includes Action Plans, Action Items, Programs, and Check-Ins.
View API documentation
Documentation can be found at
Replace SUBDOMAIN with the respective subdomain of your organization's Ambition instance.
An OpenAPI 3.0 schema file can be downloaded:
- at the top of the documentation page by clicking /api/v2/schema/
- at the bottom of this article
Example of Coaching Rating Documentation
Locate API Credentials
A token can be obtained in any existing API Integration in Ambition through the Credentials tab.
User-level credentials can also be created in your administrative settings.
1. Open the left navigation and click on Administration > Data > Standard API Token Management.
2. From the Token Management page, click Add New Token.
3. Name the Token and click Create New Token.
4. After the token has been created, copy the token to save for reference.
You will not be able to access this token again.
Construct HTTP Request
You will need to construct a request consisting of three parts: Authorization Header, Content Type Header, and Body (if applicable).
AUTH_TOKEN is the token from
Standard API Token Management or an API Integration.
Authorization: Token AUTH_TOKEN
Content-Type will vary based on the endpoint and action.
Content Type Header
||JSON||JSON Formatted Data|
||CSV||CSV Formatted Data|
||CSV||Excel Formatted Data|
The body will consist of either JSON or CSV data, dependent on selected
Refer to the "How do I construct data for an API integration?" for constructing the body's data.
cURL to list accounts in Ambition.
curl \ -H "Authorization: Token AUTH_TOKEN" \ -H "Content-Type: application/json" \ https://SUBDOMAIN.ambition.com/api/v2/account